FG Spreadshirt Swag

Burst and Blast tokens

Looking for 4e burst and blast tokens but can't seem to find them.
    90% of RPG deaths are falls. The other 10% are thief related

There aren't really any tokens for this - as they'd get mixed up with the player/creature tokens on the map.

The pointer functionality is usually used to draw out spell areas of effect - you can draw squares, circles and cones. This will identify who is in the area and the player/GM can select the targets before rolling for the power.

See the "Adding a Pointer" sidebar in the 4e user guide for more info: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userg...yer_images.xcp
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    There aren't really any tokens for this - as they'd get mixed up with the player/creature tokens on the map.

The pointer functionality is usually used to draw out spell areas of effect - you can draw squares, circles and cones. This will identify who is in the area and the player/GM can select the targets before rolling for the power.

See the "Adding a Pointer" sidebar in the 4e user guide for more info: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userg...yer_images.xcp
    Yeah I know about pointers. but I have seen these tokens. they do exist. I only ask because pointers or not. People still mix up bursts and blasts
    90% of RPG deaths are falls. The other 10% are thief related

Quote Originally Posted by Argol228
    Yeah I know about pointers. but I have seen these tokens. they do exist. I only ask because pointers or not. People still mix up bursts and blasts
    Cool, hope you find them.

Some things to keep in mind when using tokens in this manner (its an old thread but it is still very relevant to FG as it is now): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ead.php?t=7287
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

found some basic templates that might be usable as tokens:

https://www.superdan.net/gaming/dnd3...s/rad20_fi.gif

https://www.superdan.net/gaming/dnd3...s/rad30_fi.gif

and it looks like these guys just made their own:

https://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...able-Templates

Of course none of those are intended for VTT, so scaling might be a problem, but a little GIMP/PS time could make them workable. Wizards appears to have published a series of RTT printable tiles - have you checked DDI to see if they ever digitized them?

Cheers!
    GMK

Those are pretty cool templates. Having a quick look through them I don't think there are any for 4e?

4e uses squares for blasts and bursts and then just joining squares for a wall - those are pretty much it.

A "blast 3" would be a 3x3 square, whereas a close burst 1 from a medium creature would also be 3x3 centred on the creature casting the spell. Close burst 2 would be 5x5, etc...

I'm made templates for burst and blasts. I'd offer them to you, but your templates *have* to be scaled to your token size and I use 32 pixel squares for medium sized tokens - which not many other people use. For burst and blasts to work in FG you have to have them transparent *except* at the edges of the square and you want the edge border to be thin enough that you can easily pick up a token on the edge.

Here's a pic from a recent fight I ran showing the templates:

For PCs the most common templates you need are 3x3, 5x5 and 1x1. I've also found that 2x2 like that green one in the pick are useful - in this case marking a closed pit. Over time I've added templates until I have 1x1 up to 7x7. You will want them in at least two colors and for the most used sizes (1x1, 3x3, 5x5) I have them in three different colors.

Thanks, Trenloe, I didn't even check. I haven't used burst or blast effects in 4e, because of the classes I tend to play, so it didn't occur to me they'd switched to squares. That said, how about using the token frames from tokentool?

https://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=tokentool

iirc, they have some square ones available, you can change the size to fit anything from small to gargantuan creatures, which should cover most of your required areas and you can fill them with various color schemes if you want to build different ones for fireball and ice storm, say. Haven't tried it, myself - may be an issue with only being able to do even sided (2,4,6) areas, but it's a thought.

Cheers!
    GMK

Is there a way to auto target everything or allies, or enemies in a drawing area like a square?

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare1
    Is there a way to auto target everything or allies, or enemies in a drawing area like a square?
    Nope, there isn't an automatic way of doing this within a fixed region. Just click all of those tokens manually.

For the auto targeting functionality that is present , the target friendly units and target enemy units buttons on the map is for all entries currently in the combat tracker - if targetting all enemies it will only target those that are visible to the players.

Thread Information