STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Shamans in FG

Shamans in FG

Could anyone give me advice on the best way to utilize my spirit companion in FG. Should I make a separate character sheet, drag another token and remember it's HP, or is there a better way?

Yeah - the one time I played a shaman, I utilised a separate character sheet.

It had my defenses (just set them manually), and 1HP. I then had a situational "RESIST: 9 [+HLVL]" effect on my own character sheet which I applied to the companion anytime it was summoned (ie. pretty much permanently). This effectively means it takes no damage unless it takes 10+ damage in one hit at level one, at which point it was removed from play and the DM would just give it 1HP again when re-summoned.

I created a damage ability under the same situational power on my character sheet which was 5 + half level damage, which I would apply to myself any time the spirit was "killed".

Has the benefit of being targetable by the DM in all the normal ways, plus you get to give it a portrait and token which can help with roleplaying as its a pretty important part of your character.

All the powers (even those that originate from the spirit) however were listed on my character sheet, so I didn't have to switch characters all the time during play.
    Last edited by someoneinatree; June 10th, 2013 at 06:33.
    FGU Ultimate License/FGC Standard
    Timezone: Australian EST (UTC +10)
    Systems: Prefer DnD 5e as GM or player.
    FKA Chezcaliente

We did it the same way as chezcaliente. As he mentioned, its simpler to keep all powers on the PC.

Thread Information