DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last

Call of Cthulhu one-shots?

There was definitely interest in Call of Cthulhu at this weekend's Con, particularly there seemed to be interest in one-shots over a lengthy campaign-level commitment.

So, if you would be interested in Call of Cthulhu investigations that:

* Can be wrapped up in 3-5 hours, and
    * Allow you to carry your surviving investigators into the next investigation, and
    * Don't require commitment to a longterm campaign or to every session, and
    * Allow for more than one Keeper to host for the group, then

post here and we'll get something started.
    FG II Full license holder.

I am up for this. Do you use D20 system? I have never played Cthulhu using D20.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

I'd be interested in some CoC - depending on times, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Skellan,

I prefer d20, but we would use whatever was most popular or possibly both systems. I can run either d20 or BRP.

I would quite like to use D20 actually as I would like to see how it plays with it
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

I'd be interested in this as a player and a Keeper. Only stumbling block for me would probably be what time games would take place.

I would be interested in playing if I can work out the times.

I'd be up for BRP or d20 as well.

Well this is most encouraging, I must say. We've got six, which, assuming we have a convergence on day and time, means five investigators at any one time, which is a-plenty.

Here's what I envisage for our group: Sessions are tightly scripted so that an investigation can be completed in one, or perhaps two sessions if players agree, which means that we can play around with the time period, so one week we might be in the 1920s and the next week modern day. Tightly-scripted sessions also mean new investigators can easily be brought in, and a player can have multiple investigators in the bag ready to go into action at the drop of a hat depending on the kinds of skills required for a scenario. Of course, one-shots don't preclude a longer-term plan involving dropping into a scenario clues to a broader mythos conspiracy.

BRP is easily converted to d20, and vice versa, so we can mix up rulesets also.

So if folks are ready, let's talk days and times. I'm open for whatever, but I would prefer Sunday evenings through Thursdays starting at 2300 or 2400 UTC so weekends are more or less free.

My Sunday evenings aren't always free - especially during the summer and I'd struggle to start a game at 23:00 or 24:00 UTC on Sunday evenings.

Wednesday and Thursday are probably the evenings when I'd be free the most - with the odd Monday evening. All work depending, but I usually know ahead of time and once I'd book into play CoC I can control work appointments.

So, in order of preference:
    1. Wednesday
    2. Thursday
    3. Monday
    4. Sunday
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information