DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    FG Classic requires support for IPv4. There are a limited number of IPv4 addresses and some places (Germany is a big one) where many ISPs have switched over entirely to IPv6. Most places in the U.S. still support both IPv4 and IPv6. FGU supports both.

If you already have FGU from the Kickstarter, please do try that and just copy over your campaigns folder contents once you are able to verify that you install okay.
    I trust you mean to say I should use FGU or do you mean to update FGU and copy over to FG classic? (would be suprising if that works)
    As for IPv4 vs. IPv6....yes, its rather annoying. I know that about 3 years ago our ISP switched (without asking or info) when we moved houses while upgrading the line - that day FG classic ceased to work (or better for players to connect). Then came the whole Hamachi stuff (which really none of us was happy to use). Now with my current problem here, our ISP "forced" us to replace the router by a newer model and strangely enough I do not even find any IPv6 reference in its setting anymore. Not sure if I can check it somewhere for certain whats used.

See if there is an online account settings you can access, that's how I turn it off on my ISP provided router.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    See if there is an online account settings you can access, that's how I turn it off on my ISP provided router.
    Not sure what to turn off (?). I also checked my online account of that router but there is little there; almost no settings and mostly reporting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhingen View Post
    Not sure what to turn off (?). I also checked my online account of that router but there is little there; almost no settings and mostly reporting.
    Does your ISP provide a web based interface for accessing your 'Security'? Many of the ISPs in the US call it "Advanced Security" but it can go by many different names. For instance, my ISP, Cox, uses the product 'Home Assure' from ARRIS/CommScope that Cox calls 'Advanced Security'. And it has a webpage that I can log into to manage my 'Panaromic Wifi' settings for things like setting up parental controls, allowing/controlling devices that can connect, etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ah yes, thats is what I keep refering to when I say all settings of my router and thats where all our devices have unrestricted access, no blacklist, nothing blocked whatsoever. During these, not sure...2 weeks? I went through literally every single section and subsection in those settings again and again without finding any obvious cause (most is pretty much default). Down to that last bit where I noticed that only the direct LAN connections fail to update (or reinstall) FG...the ancient WLAN laptop handles it just fine. Obviously I checked Internet and WLAN settings of my router in particular detail but again, there doesnt seem to be any restrictions at all to explain this...

So our groups little drama continues...no progress whatsoever in getting FG classic to update or reinstalled on either of the directly connected PCs, effectively stopping us from playing completely and I'm afraid, indefinately unless there are more/new ideas what to check or try

Figured I finally give up and use FGU, afterall our hope was that at least in regards to connection setup it should be much easier and not require any VPN stuff (Im not talking about disconnects or lagging, its early release afterall)...

EDIT: I removed some frustrating issue I had with FGU which I deleted because its partly fixed. What still puzzles me is that I won't see my own, public cloud game in the list but if I just enter DM name and hit join, it works...odd but ok; now I need to get our friends to download it so we can start how well that goes....
    Last edited by Valhingen; August 5th, 2020 at 11:31.

Blog Entries
    The tracerts and http test you did for me suggest that the server at FGs end is accepting traffic from you and that you can reach both of them with both http and icmp.
    This really does suggest that there is some filtering or blocking of the traffic at a higher level - eg maybe an application layer packet filter or firewall.
    There is another German poster somewhere having the same issue and it was not resolved as far as I can recall but i couldnt find the thread.

I have been having issues updating my FG Classic over the last couple of weeks myself. When I try to update, EVERYTHING ELSE can and will update except FantasyGrounds.exe.

When it goes to update that file, it gives me a message that states "HandleFile: Unable to save file (FantasyGrounds.exe)".

My install has never had this issue prior.

Any ideas what is happening here?
    "I strive to master myself before all others...

...I am not perfect, but I will not stop trying to be..."

Quote Originally Posted by RHManiac View Post
    I have been having issues updating my FG Classic over the last couple of weeks myself. When I try to update, EVERYTHING ELSE can and will update except FantasyGrounds.exe.

When it goes to update that file, it gives me a message that states "HandleFile: Unable to save file (FantasyGrounds.exe)".

My install has never had this issue prior.

Any ideas what is happening here?
    And I solved my problem by deleting the current FantasyGrounds.exe file and letting the Updater do its thing. Ended up with Version 3.3.11 ULTIMATE.
    "I strive to master myself before all others...

...I am not perfect, but I will not stop trying to be..."

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The tracerts and http test you did for me suggest that the server at FGs end is accepting traffic from you and that you can reach both of them with both http and icmp.
    This really does suggest that there is some filtering or blocking of the traffic at a higher level - eg maybe an application layer packet filter or firewall.
    There is another German poster somewhere having the same issue and it was not resolved as far as I can recall but i couldnt find the thread.
    As for the bold stuff...absolutely no idea but that wouldnt be something I control, would it? (also, please note that WLAN makes it right through, no issues)
    Last edited by Valhingen; August 5th, 2020 at 18:28.

Thread Information