Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Fresh install. It's weird that "steam_api.dll" can be downloaded, then when it try to get "UpdateEgine.exe", things goes troubling.

https://s4.postimg.org/jjmv6mah8/asdf.jpg

Nothing more?

Blog Entries
    i sent you a Private Message straight after your last reply about TV....

I am getting a message that says
    "ERROR-GetPackageFiles: Network:time out
    Retrying on 10 secounds
    updating rulesets/CoreRPG.pak"

It says this over and over and never loads. I just purchased D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. Not sure why that would cause failure to update.

Any help?

It means that the updater is timing out when attempting to get some of the updated files from our update server. It might be a bit busy right now, so you might try a bit later. Also, try sitting next to wireless access point/router if your machine is wireless.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you. It is updating now. Still not entirely sure why it wouldn't for update for a couple hours then it just started updating like normal.

Since the update pushed today, the load on the server might have gotten pretty heavy earlier.

Regards,
    JPG

FYI: I had the same error as MatangaBoots around half an hour ago, but after 20 minutes update was successful.
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

Hello guys, I'm completely new to Fantasy Grounds, but I'm planning to run a 5ed campaign starting in the next few weeks. I asked my players to install Fantasy Grounds DEMO (since I'm planning to upgrade to ULTIMATE) and create their respective characters. While some installed the software effortlessly, some of them are having the same issues described above.

Checking package FantasyGroundsUpdater for updates
    updating UpdaterEngine.exe
    ERROR - GetPackageFiles: Network: time out
    Retrying in 10 seconds
    Retrying in 10 seconds
    Retrying in 10 seconds...

What should I do? Purchasing FG Ultimate licence is a big investment, not to mention, buying all the books again and the adventures. If some of my players cannot install the program, all that money will be wasted, and I'll be forced to go to Roll20. =(

I appreciate any help I can get.

Welcome Kuromadoshi.

This will either be a temporary communication issue (reboot the computer and try again) or there will be some security application on the computer that is preventing communication to the FG update servers. Check that there is not a security/anti-virus application that is blocking the Fantasy Grounds updater.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information