FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Release v2.9.4

Release v2.9.4

Fantasy Grounds v2.9.4 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This is very minor release that is allowing us to upgrade all Full license owners to Ultimate status for this weekend, in honor of the FG virtual convention.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    This is very minor release that is allowing us to upgrade all Full license owners to Ultimate status for this weekend, in honor of the FG virtual convention.
    This is an amazing add-on for the convention - thanks JPG and Doug! :-)

FG-Con announcement and instructions here: https://www.fg-con.com/latest-news/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Due to personal commitments I won't be attending the FG-Con, but I would like to mention that things like this is why I love this community and the people that arrange things, and of course the devs that support it in such a manner.

Vires Animi

Blog Entries
    Very classy move! And a smart business move I think!
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Should everyone update regardless of whether or not they are participating in the weekend?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    Should everyone update regardless of whether or not they are participating in the weekend?
    The difference between 2.9.3 and 2.9.4 is only the code to read the "Full to Ultimate" flag and if Smiteworks have set it use ultimate functionality. 2.9.3 can connect to 2.9.4 and vice versa so there really isn't a need to upgrade if you don't want to. But, if you get tempted to press that red button in the bottom left then it is a quick update and gets you onto 2.9.4 - then you'll know in future if there are any new updates by the red button appearing again!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Any hosts with Full licenses who want to use the free upgrade to Ultimate for this weekend must update; however, clients can be running either v2.9.3 or v2.9.4 to connect to these upgraded licenses.

Cheers,
    JPG

Any plans for a upgrade from full to ultimate sale during the convention?

Blog Entries
    We have no plans for a discount on the upgrade at this time. We are thinking about having a sale on some adventure modules which have lower sales though.

I did click the shiny red candy like button and attempted to upgrade. However, I receive the following error message after a series of server time outs.

"ProcessNextFile: Unable to save file (graphics/buttons/button_toggle.gm.png) to package (C:\Fantasy GroundsII\3.5E.pak.ptc)"

Personally, from the sounds of it, I don't really need to apply the update. I just wasn't certain if this error may cause a problem down the road. The Updater stops after reporting the error message within the 3.5E package.

If I deselect that package, the update completes.
    This chasm, that has been naught to me,
    To that fair-haired youth may a pitfall be.
    He, too, must cross in the twilight dim;
    Good friend, I am building the bridge for him.

Thread Information