STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Website/booking system feedback

We are using a community built website for this convention (thanks and massive rep go primarily to damned, and a few others, for getting this website up and running). We know it is not perfect, the main issue we strived to fix is displaying dates/times in the local user's timezone - which we couldn't do. We have put off delaying the convention and want to go ahead with the website in it's current form - it should allow most of what we want to do; but we know there will still be some minor issues and areas for improvement.

Please bear with us and list any issues, comments, feedback, recommendations, etc. here in this thread. We'll try and address them if we can...
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 12th, 2013 at 19:04.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Should look at using this at all times throughout the year. IMO.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    Should look at using this at all times throughout the year. IMO.
    I think you'd better reserve judgement until you've given the system a good go...

There are a number of things we are still trying to find good solutions to that we really need, so it is definitely not a well polished system at the moment.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

nice site Trenloe.... 1 suggestion from an idiot - please make the link and line about the event chart / schedule / spreadsheet easier to fine. maybe a button or bold colored text or something.

Thanks

Seems fine to me, it was fairly easy to set up a game session as a GM. Not had the experience of the bookings from the other side, but approving the places is again pretty simple. With the link to timeanddate.com, the time zone issue is sorted. I must admit, I posted using British Summer Time first rather than UTC/GMT/Zulu time.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by avro5731
    nice site Trenloe.... 1 suggestion from an idiot - please make the link and line about the event chart / schedule / spreadsheet easier to fine. maybe a button or bold colored text or something.

Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback - we're always looking for ways to improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by avro5731

Thanks
    Actually, +1 on that. I knew those links where there, but they are "hidden in plain sight" amongst the text.

Rather than saying "something awesome for you to see click here", perhaps we'd be better saying "something awesome for you to see" - e.g. make the link the thing it goes to, rather than just the word "here" ?
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thanks for the feedback. I've made some changes to the events page, have a look a let me know what you think.

I found it a tad confusing when it came to changing my event time. I changed the custom field: TIME AND DATE (which contained the old URL) but the old UTC time came up when I tested it. I realised then that there was another TIME AND DATE field further down.

Also I found that the layout for creating an event was not the same as the walkthrough, which caused some confusion, and probably would stump a meer mortal who was not quite as gifted with a large brain ... ahem... that came out all wrong, I was trying to be humble

Thread Information