STAR TREK 2d20

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer to play?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silent Tide

2 28.57%
  • The Prince of Augustana

6 85.71%
  • Other (please specify)

3 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

I Have My License!

I just purchased my Full/GM license. The client is updating now (getting timeout errors though, not sure what's up with that) and I'll be able to start running games here (as well as playing in anyone's game, not just those awesome GMs with ultimate licenses.

So, while I make my way through the various tutorials and helpful threads on how to get started I'll need a scenario in mind to run for my first attempt at this. What would everyone like to play? I'm thinking of keeping it simple with a old season 0 or 1, like The Prince of Augustana or Silent Tide. I've already prepped and run each of these for F2F games, so I'm comfortable running each, just need to get one into FG. So if I do one of these, which would any of you want to play, or if you have played both already, would you have any requests?

time zones will probably prohibit my attendance but may I be the first to congratulate you on joining the small band of PFS FG Gm's, I hope it all goes well for you

Just played my first PFS game last Saturday and am keen for more, but time zones may also make it difficult for me to play in your games. Good luck anyway. Great to see more PFS GMs on FG.

I'm up for Prince of Augustana, Ftr4

Time zones may not be much of an issue, given the flexibility of my schedule if I have enough notice. I can only say I won't be available much on weekends. Provided there's enough players avail during a weekday around the same time, I'm good with whatever day/time that turns out to be. My current preference is a start time around noon MTZ (gmt -7), but I can go up to 12 hours in either direction if need be.

Well, first of all, congratulations on your GM license.

Unfortunately, I have already played both Silent Tide and The Prince of Augustana, so I wouldn't participate in those games.

I'm quite open about alternatives, and among the games I haven't played yet, I don't really know anything about most.
    From what I've read in the summary on paizo.com, Murder on the Throaty Mermaid does sound interesting, though.
    And I'm still looking for an opportunity to play Tide of Twilight, because it's the only scenario I have run as a GM without having it played first. (but that one's season 3, and having already run it as a GM, I of course know the scenario)

And of course, I'd have to have time to play, which I'll have to check once you announce a game time ^^
    Last edited by Malkavian_Andi; May 8th, 2013 at 23:09.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Congrats on your license! Hope to be able to play in one of your game! I haven't played any season 0 or 1 scenarios, so I'm wide open there.

Looks like The Prince of Augustana is tied with "other"....

Some others I could potentially run: Anything in the Quest for Perfection series, Icebound Outpost (I'm running all of these at Phoenix ComiCon at the end of the month, so I could work importing them into FG part of my scheduled prep time for them.

From season zero, I also have Frozen Fingers of Midnight and Among the Living. From season one, I have Citadel of Flame, The Beggar's Pearl, Among the Dead (sequel to Among the Living) and The Infernal Vault. (I also have Assult on the Kingdom of the Impossible, but that was just played on FS so I don't know if there is any further interest in it.)

I also have a whole lot of season four I haven't played yet, so would rather not run until I have, but in the interest of getting a game together could pull one out.

I also also have a number of sanctioned modules, including The Godsmouth Heresy, Crypt of the Everflame for levels 1-2) (and Everflame's sequels Masks of the Living God (levels 2-4) & City of Golden Death (4-6)). The modules would require 2-3 planned/committed sessions though, and I"m extremely hesitant to take on on in FS until I'm more familiar using it as a GM.

And of course there's always the fallback of any of the First Steps series, but I'd prefer to run this only for players who have not played them. I'd be more interested in running parts 2 & 3, since they are both being phased out in August (and part 1 will be phased out as soon as they write a replacement).

Okay, that's a lot of options. Maybe I should just pick one, schedule a day, prep it and see if I get enough players, and if not reschedule.
    Previous known as Dust Raven

FGU & Classic Standard Licenses
    Mountain Time (GMT -7)

"If everyone is having fun, you're not doing it wrong."

www.plasticdungeon.com

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on getting your license.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Good stuff. I'm up for the Prince one and definitely would commit to a module or two, even three

Thread Information