FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Just Curious...

Just Curious...

I'm having a very difficult time finding players to join my games and finding games for myself to join. I love Fantasy Grounds II and want to use it but there doesn't seem to be a big enough player base.

So... Is there some new location I do not know of where everyone is congregating? I feel like I am missing something.

Thanks in advance,

Ienai

Hello

First thing you should update your settings to show your time-zome helps people at a glance to spot that you're in a favourable zone to them.

What game systems are you wanting to play?

The Guild pages on here lists games and are also a place to find games.

When I needed to recruit some new players I just posted in the Savage Worlds forum (the system I want to play).

At the end of this month FG Virtual Con 2013 will be running a weekend long con with games running 24 hours a day.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I have a post up in the Guild Hall.. tons of people have looked at it or 2-3 people have looked at it multiple times heh...

Updated my TimeZone. I thought I put my available times to play in the post.. I'll check that now.

Blog Entries
    It can sometimes take to get a game going - just like in real life. i would look outside this forum also - use sites like enworld, penandpapergamers and your favourite games website too. most players who use FG belong in one or two stable gaming groups and arent looking for new games/gamers all that often.
    if you are hosting a game and not getting much response maybe try a different adventure/storyline and see if that gets more interest.

Will do. Thank you for the advice.

Blog Entries
    my current group of players are 100% from meetup.com
    other recent players were from penandpapergamers and from here
    i have actually met 4 of my players (past and present) at local cons or at meetup gatherings since

Quote Originally Posted by damned
    i have actually met 4 of my players (past and present) at local cons or at meetup gatherings since
    But once 2 of your first players met you face-to-face they ran away to a different continent!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I suppose I just find it very surprising that not very many people seem to use FGII. It is a really cool platform imho.

Well.. the hunt continues.

Thanks for all the helpful advice!

Ienai

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    But once 2 of your first players met you face-to-face they ran away to a different continent!
    two? are you keeping something from me?

Quote Originally Posted by damned
    two? are you keeping something from me?
    Nah... they ran away separately.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information