FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lachancery View Post
    I have been away from RM on FG for many years. I am in awe with Dakadin's commitment who has maintained the Ruleset, and ported it over to Core! You're awesome, Dakadin!

It is with rekindled interest that I am re-familiarizing myself with the Ruleset and came to the forum to seek a few pregen characters. Alas, the characters in this thread seem all made for pre-V2? Are there V2 pregens I could load in the ruleset and dig through their character sheets?
    Welcome back!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Welcome back Lachancery! No, there aren't any pregens at this point but check the videos section. Wolfshield has put together some great videos on how to use the new version.
    Thanks! I've been watching Wolf's videos; they're awesome & very useful! As I've been playing Pathfinder all these years, I'm at ease with CoreRPG - my learning curve has been re-learning RMC.

I created Sherman the Tank, (modeled after the dwarf you played in my game) and ran him through a battle using my most recent purchase: the Dùn Crù module! I encountered an odd behavior I couldn't figure out: the parry amount I set for the NPC Andak Zor wouldn't reduce the OB of his broadsword, yet the OB of his Ice Bolt was being reduced as expected. Is there an exception case I forgot about?

I'm currently GMing a Pathfinder Adventure Path (Mummy's Mask), but when that completes, I will restart another homebrew campaign with RMC set in Middle-Earth. We had fun... ...8 years ago!

That might be a bug with the OB. The Combat Tracker right now is a bit of old and new.

If you get a new RMC campaign going let me know. It was a blast last time!
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    I'll remind you both that you guys accepted me in to observe and ask questions... this was before I bought FG. I'm eternally thankful to you guys for that. I'd love to play RM with you guys again if there's room.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

If someone is interested and has a working knowledge of python I would like to offer a small script to help you create masses of NPCs as a module.

https://www.pastiebin.com/63ea69d2d5223

I used it to create some random chars in a selected levelrange and tried to equip them according to class with a bit of logic. Also I integrated a names package (that you might need to install on top of your pythoncalled fantasynames) so that the NPCs have nice or at least funny names. Some of the thresholds are adapted to my needs, like probabilities of classes, races and weapons or the likelyhood of a bonus item) so it would be recommended to try to understand and tweak it according to your use.

Please note that this is not a professional product and I just wanted to share it as is and might or might not intend to continue working on it - even if some parts of it do not make you happy

To install fantasynames (maybe also interesting of its own): python3 -m pip install fantasynames
    Last edited by strubbel; February 19th, 2023 at 16:54. Reason: added fantasynames install hint

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    Sounds interesting, and potentially quite useful. I've had a quick play but haven't got too far - how is the fantasynames module configured?

Edit:
    Actually I think I've found the module on Github.

The code is throwing up an error but I'll see if I can work out why.

Further Edit:
    "TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "int") to str"

This is from the return self.randrange(a, b+1) line in the random.py file called from the get_level function.
    Last edited by QuirkyBirky; February 17th, 2023 at 16:45.

Hi QuirkyBirky,

Sorry for that, I added the inputs on the levels on the fly while uploading. You can either change the input lines to levels as numbers every time you use it or you need to convert/cast the input string to an int before passing it to the rnd function. I updated the pastiebin accordingly, I hope.

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    Thanks Strubbel.

I ran into some issues with formatting (had to remove tabs and replace with spaces) which might be down to how I copied the code over, plus I had to make "Set Number of chars and levelrange" a comment as there wasn't a leading # (I assume that's correct). It also didn't like the line "while i < number_of_chars:" so I forced it to make the string an integer, but it works. I'll try and get my head around how it does everything (I'm not clued up when it comes to Python) and tweak it for my own preferences. It's an impressive tool though.

Obviously you still need to manually create the MOD file and copy this XML over, but I can see a lot of potential. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information