FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Items in the Party Sheet

When I drop an item onto Parcel Items in the Inventory Tab, my players can see them, but they can't click on them and see what they do. This vexes me.

Does FG give them some kind of error message, possibly indicating that the origin module for the item is not open in their library? Are the items marked as Unidentified? Are the items unique things that you have created? What's the scoop!

Cheers!
    GMK

Do you have the Party: Show Items to Clients option set to On?
    GM for Rusta utilizing FG2 Ultimate.

Party: Show items to clients was/is set to On.

What they see, and I confirmed logging in locally, is literally just the name of the item. Versatile Chainmail +1. It cannot be selected, or clicked on, there is no link, or icon.

This is in the Parcel Items space.

My expectation is: I can drop an item onto there, they can all look at it, see what it does, and then the one who wants it can claim it, so when I award treasure, it goes to him.

Currently, the party sheet just contains a shortcut link to the original item in the database (which is not shared with the party by default).

The current workaround would be:
    * Open the item record, and share the item with the party. They will be able to view from the items sidebar list.

The long-term solution is to create a copy of the full item record when it is added to a parcel, and again when it is added to the party sheet. This allows fine-grain control over the record. This is something I am looking at for the next version, though I'm not sure if I'll have time to re-implement the parcel and party sheet.

Regards,
    JPG

Ahh, I had no properly understood the function of the sheet.

I can share the Items module with them, that would solve this.

One caveat, the items module provided with FG is host only, which meansthat each item record would need to be shared individually as needed.

You might be able to create your own custom item module, and distribute to your clients as a way to do this en masse. However, I just brainstormed this approach, so not sure if it will work as I expect.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Another question - say I have three of the same item (potion); how do I enter multiple character names in the assignment field so they are split amongst two or three PCs?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

You would have to have each potion on a separate line in the treasure parcel. Honestly I find it easier to just open the magic item and either share it or just drop it in inventory instead of using the party sheet to distribute them. I do use the party sheet for coins, though. For potions, I'll just tell a player to drop the correct potion into inventory if they don't already have one, and I'll identify it. After that they can just adjust the amount as they use them or find or made new ones.

Currently, I believe it is implemented as one item per line. So, potions would need to be listed separately to be assigned separately.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information