DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Treasure, Party Sheet & Unidentified Items

I love the idea of Treasure Parcels and the Party Sheet as a way of assigning items.

My only question is how to handle Unidentified Items.

IIRC when testing this out I created a Potion Item that was of course Unidentified. It appears on the sheet as an unidentified item, but if you then assign the unidentified item to a character they can then open it from their sheet and see what it is.

Please correct me if I'm misremembering this, I don't have access to my FG at the moment to double check.

Is this normal behaviour or have I set up the item wrong in FG?

Is their a preferred way for GM's to handle Unidentified items in FG.
    DMing since 1978, back after a long break
    Ultimate License Holder
    Running Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords every Saturday Night

When an unidentified item is shared the player can open it, but they see only a limited subset of information - whatever is contained in the basic description field, iirc. Only when the item is identified do they see the additional information provided in the bonuses and advanced description fields. I believe there is a lock setting on the item that the GM unlocks to edit it and then must re-lock before sharing the item.

Quote Originally Posted by gmkieran
    When an unidentified item is shared the player can open it, but they see only a limited subset of information - whatever is contained in the basic description field, iirc. Only when the item is identified do they see the additional information provided in the bonuses and advanced description fields. I believe there is a lock setting on the item that the GM unlocks to edit it and then must re-lock before sharing the item.
    That does sound familiar, I need to fire up my copy and check again when I get home.

It might be a case of having to be careful what text to put where.

Of course if Items had some sort of alternative text field that showed when unidentified that'd be a cool feature.

e.g.

Lock text: Small Glass Bottle
    Unlock Text: Potion of Giant Growth
    Ultimate License Holder

Yep, that's pretty much what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by gmkieran
    Yep, that's pretty much what they have.
    I suspected so, never post when you don't have the app nearby to check
    Ultimate License Holder

The Unidentified text field is labeled "Alt Name". If the item is unidentified, the players should only be able to see the "Alt Name" and "Notes" fields.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information