DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: New to C&C

New to C&C

I just purchased the ruleset, After Winter's Dark and Assault on Blacktooth Ridge. So far I love this system and wonder how I did not hear of it sooner. Finally back to some real role-playing with a simple system so things don't get bogged down. I must say that I am rather disappointed in the lack of options within this ruleset when compared to the 4E and 3.5E rulesets. To read these forums it seems there is little hope of future changes/support for this system which is depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmodaeus
    To read these forums it seems there is little hope of future changes/support for this system which is depressing.
    I don't who where you get that from - dr_venture is slowly working on updates and there is a wish list. See this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=17494
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Excellent then, thanks for the link. Just noticed several posts talking about how the forum for C&C was dead/dying and so on. I would be glad to see it flourish as it's a great system.

Hey, I'm the guy - mea culpa. I'm getting some really crucial help from Dakadin (the guy/one of the guys who does the Rolemaster ruleset) on some of the most hairy bugs right now. We're still a little ways from launching, but at least we're making some clear progress now.

The new version will have some crucial new functionality, but it's hard to compete with the likes of 3.5 and 4e, arguably the most feature-rich rulesets for FG, so dial in your expectations as appropriate. In the mean time, please go to the link in my signature to suggest or vote on new features for the next version.

In the meantime, here's a link to a recent screenshot of the current beta ruleset to give you hope for continued dev work - I'm using it for my Greyhawk game regularly:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...5&d=1364958076
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Oooh. Pretty. So when is the launch slated for, roughly? Gosh I love new versions.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Jeez - I'd be crazy to even speculate, as I'm not only not sure how long it takes to fix some of these bugs, but also my available time varies from week to week. It won't be in the near future... maybe over the summer? Maybe the fall? I really, honestly don't know. As soon as I can is about as specific as I can be right now.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Then it will come out when it's good and darn ready to come out!
    Aliens.... Go fig?

That is true - God knows *I'm* good and ready to release it, but *it* has other ideas right now.

Blog Entries
    im lucky enough to be play testing this beta version and it already has some shiny new features and the slick new skin. keep up the good work doc.

Also new to C&C, over here, with a question of my own.

Is the 4th printing of the Players' Handbook (which appears to be the printing our FG ruleset is based off of) the most current? Are more changes and reprints likely?
    Timezone: Mountain Standard Time
    FG Classic: Ultimate License Holder
    FG Unity: Standard License Holder

Current Campaigns:
    None

Thread Information