DICE PACKS BUNDLE

New to EVERYTHING, Questions INCOMING!

Greetings All,

I am new to using Fantasy Grounds, new to using Savage Worlds, and new to GMing. That being said I have read over the Savage Worlds guidebook a few times. I have a Full Licensed FGII along with the Savage Worlds Module installed. For the most part everything seems to be working. Now for the questions...

1. As a GM in Savage Worlds how does one go about the issue of "time"? i.e. Power Points regenerate at 1/hr. (How long is 1 hour of game time in real time?)

2. I've noticed that after watching many YouTube videos, both the regular FGII ones as well as the ones specifically for Savage Worlds that there is something missing from the Savage Worlds version.

- I noticed in the regular FGII videos when a player targets an NPC and then attacks / casts a spell the text in the chat window indicates which NPC is being targeted and then damage is automatically applied as needed / described by the rules.

- When watching Savage Worlds videos I notice this is not the case. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong to allow this to happen or that it is either not possible / not coded into the game or module at this point.

Any help on these two issues at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Quick answers:
    1) for long lengths of time (i.e. time outside of combat) the GM will have to estimate how much time passes based on the players actions.
    2) Other rulesets don't automatically apply damage if an attack/spell succeeds. The player has to "double-click" or drag the damage to apply it - a second action once it is agreed the attack hits.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidj8886
    1. As a GM in Savage Worlds how does one go about the issue of "time"? i.e. Power Points regenerate at 1/hr. (How long is 1 hour of game time in real time?)
    As long as you want it to be. Game time happens "at the speed of plot". If, after the combat, you throw the PCs straight in to the next scene then the characters won't have time to recover fully, If the next scene is the following day, they get a full night of rest.

2. I've noticed that after watching many YouTube videos, both the regular FGII ones as well as the ones specifically for Savage Worlds that there is something missing from the Savage Worlds version.

- I noticed in the regular FGII videos when a player targets an NPC and then attacks / casts a spell the text in the chat window indicates which NPC is being targeted and then damage is automatically applied as needed / described by the rules.

- When watching Savage Worlds videos I notice this is not the case. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong to allow this to happen or that it is either not possible / not coded into the game or module at this point.
    The 3.5e and 4e D&D rulesets contain a lot more automation than other rulesets, both commercial and community. The automation isn't needed in order to play, especially with quicker and simpler games such Savage Worlds. The players do the marking off on their character sheets in the same way that they would at the gaming table.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Is there a way in Savage Worlds to automate the damage if it was wanted or is it not even possible.

Set up a damage roll type and a handler for it. Lua script to recognise a damage roll, total the dice results, compare it against the target's toughness and apply the correct wound status based on the comparison.

This all assumes a target has been selected, a combat map is being used and a token attached to the combat tracker has been targeted by the player / GM. Not every game uses battle maps in the same tactical manner as D&D. Personally, I rarely use a map. I rely on description and the imaginations of the players.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Sorry should have specified that I'm not quite versed in programming and that side of the house. I meant more like a option box to check or another module / extension that I could grab.

I currently am trying out Savage Worlds Feature Improvements v0.713, although I have been experiencing some hiccups with it in its current version.

On a separate note, is it possible for the GM to have specific NPCs target Players or other NPCs (such as a Player can target an NPC and it shows in the combat tracker). If it is possible, what is the order of operation to make it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Davidj8886
    Sorry should have specified that I'm not quite versed in programming and that side of the house. I meant more like a option box to check or another module / extension that I could grab.

I currently am trying out Savage Worlds Feature Improvements v0.713, although I have been experiencing some hiccups with it in its current version.

On a separate note, is it possible for the GM to have specific NPCs target Players or other NPCs (such as a Player can target an NPC and it shows in the combat tracker). If it is possible, what is the order of operation to make it happen?
    Savage Worlds doesn't support that level of automatization and implementing it would require several core changes and it's not comming in SW v3.4 so it would take very long time is anything like that would appear.

If you find any hiccups from my SWFI extension, I would approciate if you could report them to me. Personally I am more active developing SWFI v0.73 version (which will be released after SW ruleset v3.4 is released) so I am not paying any attention on testing the current v0.71x version at the moment, but I am willing to fix bugs if any are found.

And about the PC targeting, that's not supported either, first of all there is FG engine restriction there, but it's possible to implement it and when that's done the automatic damage apply is just small throw away.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information