DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: a few questions

Quote Originally Posted by Tiqon
    I feel the same way. Lots of use have some kind of programming experience, great or small and lots of us have made programs/excel sheets at one point, simple or complex. I'm no exception, and I am exactly where you are, why invent the wheel. If this means I can't use all my house rules 100% and have to go with the more official rules or tweek FG2 where I find I can, so be it. I don't have the time and skills to make my own and so I just try to help and support one who will and can. There are more goodies to come I can assure you, so you will not be disappointed if you join our ranks .
    That's the problem you're trying to invent the wheel, not reinvent it, and there is something to be said about roleplayers and re-engineering. We make house rules all the time. I'm in the process of dragging in an alternative initiative routine from Rune (the Ars Magica 4e rules; combat has never been more deadlier when you can get more than one attack per "round." I'm augmenting it with Spycraft's fluid combat tables so the enemy can get a couple of more swipes in if he has the advantage (or vice versa). Thank goodness criticals are already automated ! I guess we're all game designers as well as player's when we hit this stage, so the tendency to build the rules from scratch both enamours and comes naturally to us.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Quote Originally Posted by muellert
    Been busy lately or I would have replied earlier. From the sound of it, it is possible to do pretty much everything I want to do. I have a fair understanding of XML, haven't worked much with LUA but I don't imagine it would be to hard to learn it. Once things settle down around here a bit I think I'll have to pick up a copy of this and give it a try.

thanks for all the feed back. Just knowing that people are actively supporting the project helps in making the decision to go with it. Rolemaster has always been my favorite RPG but the time and intimidation involved with all the charts/stats/tables has made it difficult to bring in new players. My original project started with a simple combat simulator and evolved from there. but I am at a point now that to move forward I really need to start from scratch and rework how I did things. But seeing FG rolemaster I am thinking it would be far more efficient to use it. why re-invent the wheel
    If you do join our ranks please let me know if you encounter anything that is still intimidating your players or you as a GM. I am trying to automate the tedious parts so Rolemaster can be played without having to worry about the complexity. I am also trying to include preferences when possible so people can play it the way they want instead of the way I want.

Thread Information