5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    For 3.0, could there please be an option to disable the automatic applying of damage to the targeted creature? Thank you!

I thought this was possible to disable in 2.9.3, but haven't found the option to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonal
    For 3.0, could there please be an option to disable the automatic applying of damage to the targeted creature? Thank you!

I thought this was possible to disable in 2.9.3, but haven't found the option to do so.
    I'm confused by what you mean by automatic applying of damage to targeted creature?

Do you mean that if you have a creature targeted and you roll damage you want to option *not* to apply damage? Essentially removing damage application to targeted creatures completely - you'd manually have to drag/drop the damage from the chat window to the creature in question to apply the damage.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is for Pathfinder.

If a player targets an NPC or a player and rolls damage through the action tab, the damage is applied automatically after any relevant DR.

I'm asking since my player/GM generally likes to adjust the HP manually, but it's still useful for a player to target the NPC to show the highlight.

There used to be an option like that way back, but it was very confusing to users. In the current model, the GM can always "fix" the number after the fact if the program did not auto-calculate.

If I can ask, what is the purpose of manually adding vs. letting the system apply automatically? Is the purpose to "fudge" rolls, or something else?

Regards,
    JPG

Update

• Basic ruleset layering (aka extension style)

Next up is enabling "merging" of windowclasses and other elements.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    There used to be an option like that way back, but it was very confusing to users. In the current model, the GM can always "fix" the number after the fact if the program did not auto-calculate.

If I can ask, what is the purpose of manually adding vs. letting the system apply automatically? Is the purpose to "fudge" rolls, or something else?

Regards,
    JPG
    It's both for story/fudge reasons (or if the appropriate DR has not been entered in the statblock) and for times when a player has accidentally targeted more than his/her intended target when rolling damage.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    Update

• Basic ruleset layering (aka extension style)

Next up is enabling "merging" of windowclasses and other elements.

Regards,
    JPG
    How different is ruleset creation going to be when you are finished with this? Will current rulesets have to be remade?

Will this still be called Fantasy Grounds II or will this be Fantasy Grounds III

We haven't finalized details yet. It's going to be v3.0, but I think we are going to change to just Fantasy Grounds for the name.

I'm working pretty hard to maintain backward compatibility to prevent rebuilds, though some compatibility issues will be unavoidable. The only thing I can think of that applies so far is targeting, which is changing from client only character-based targeting to token-based targeting. Building rule sets will be almost identical, but there will be new features to allow ruleset layers to be used.

Leonal, thanks for info. A new interface will have to be defined to "queue" damage rolls, or to interrupt roll completion for "fudging". You should add to the voting on the wish list. I believe fudging rolls may be on there already, but don't remember off top of my head.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you for the reply. It may be personal preference as my GM prefers to adjust the hp-values manually, even if they are identical (or to take into account half damage or other variables).

In yesterday's session we just took care to not have any tokens selected when rolling damage, which worked ok. I will add it to the suggestion list, however.

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=68582
    Last edited by Leonal; April 22nd, 2013 at 08:03.

Thread Information