5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

What I'm working on

I know I've gone into a dark cave a bit, as I've been busy with primary job projects and focused on FG coding in what little time I have. So, I thought I'd share a quick list of what I've been working on.

• Chat window: URL identification and click-through
    • Button fields: Database linked option, multi-state, frame/text/icon per state, toggle
    • Formatted text fields: direct editing, undo, mouse shift click selection, table editing
    • String fields: Mouse shift click selection
    • Token bag: Filter support, scrollbar support, file drop support, bag bar slot memory
    • Modules: Modules now like books and only come in one type, GM has control over access and sharing

This is all stuff that I've been doing as I move towards a FG-supported generic ruleset that will be used as part of a "layered rulesets" feature for all the standard supported game systems (3.5E, 4E, PFRPG). This should make life easier for community ruleset developers to keep their rulesets up to par with the main rulesets.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thanks for the update, JPG. It's nice to have an idea of what you're working on, and several of these things will be very handy!

It's very handy. I'm really looking forward to getting the build stable so I can use in my own games.

JPG

I appreciate the news! I personally love reading changelogs. There is just something about a bulleted list of changes/improvements that makes me happy.

More goodies in the works:

• Improved module and token caching
    • Add automatic retry for art asset downloads (images, tokens, masks, drawings)
    • Shared campaign records default to public mode, and can be shared before game sessions
    • Tokens refresh when switching back to FG
    • [3.5E/4E] Public option for notes
    • [3.5E/4E] Image list file drop support
    • [3.5E/4E] Buttons to open image/token folders for managing image/token files
    • [DEV] Built-in window position and image viewpoint memory
    • [DEV] Built-in fudge die (dF)

JPG

Good to know

Like OneSidedDie, I enjoy change logs. Always good to know which direction development is headed...

Can't wait to see this go live.

GM

And more...

• Token selection - Tokens can be selected individually or via region
    • Token group move - Selected tokens can be moved as a group, and across maps
    • Targeting - Complete revamp of targeting system. Targeting will be token to token, instead of per user. Targeting will be remembered between sessions. Targeting will be shown as arrows between tokens and circles for self-targeting.
    • Targeting mode - Targets can be selected individually or by region.

JPG

I'm really looking forward to those targeting improvements, JPG!

Group selection and movement is going to be VERY useful.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

The targeting has been one of my pet peeves from day one. It just required a lot of back-end changes (including network changes), so I needed a major revision to make the change.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information