DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Empty Library

Empty Library

Hi

I just bought RMC and thought I'd give it a quick go, just to see that everything seems to be working.
    Unfortunately, it seems not.

Putting first things first, I thought I'd try out making a character.
    But my library seems to be totally empty.

Meaning that as of now, I have a new piece of software that can seemingly manage chats with other owners, dice rolls and bonuses (nice one), and store the results of those, as well as what I write. It also presents me with a character sheet template, that I can fill out at my leisure. All very nice, but not really what I paid 60$ for...
    I'd like to see some Rolemaster functions now...?

Can anybody advice me on how to activate my library?

Best regards

Res

You have to activate your modules.

In the rightmost menu choose "module activation". "open the books you want to use by dragging the small book icons open like you would a real book also chose if they should be blocked, allowed or forced by draggin one of the three icons to the circle just under the book icon.

Hope that was just that was your problem! .

I had an old version open, just updated it . I see now that its not called "Module activation" but just "module".

Thanks, Tiqon! That did it! Much obliged...

By the by... Now that I suddenly got two bowls of tokens delivered, I couldn't help but taking a peek to also survey this new and unexpected function of my toy...

Can you tell me if it is possible to add some of my own tokens (from Dundjinni) to these folders, or is that a bad idea?

And, for practical handling of the tokens there, is there some trick to renaming and enlarging the target area of a new bowl (I just added a new one to separate the dragons from the rest of the batch, but I seem to be having trouble moving tokens to the new bowl- I drag and drop to the best of my ability, but to no avail...)

best regards

Res

I totally forgot to say WELCOME to FG2 and RMC! Ask and you will probably be flooded with answers here in this community .

The tokens will be added in bowls corresponding to the folder you have in your token folders. It should be in here (might me different depending on system, you can open the application folder by going to Start- all programs- Fantasy grounds II- application data folder) C:\Users\denmdj\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\campaigns\RM a new beginning\Tokens (This is MY campaign folder called "A New beginning"), your's will be something else. Host folder is the tokens the players cant see and therefore not use (they can see them when you drag tehm to the map), the shared is for player too. Make a new folder called eg C:\Users\denmdj\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\campaigns\RM a new beginning\Tokens\Host\Aliens and place all your aliens in here and you will have a bowl that has the tooltip "aliens".

I use all the Dunjinni too .

BEWARE though! the amount of tokens can impact how fast your campaign loads I'm told. Im not 100% sure though... you will just have to try it out .

Thanks!
    I joined some years ago, as a player in a D20 game, but I'm guessing I'll be a regular visitor to the site now that I've got the GM functionalities, since I'm running a tabletop campaign now, where I hope FG can help me lighten the game mechanics part of the preperation load.

It's a pity that the djx format is confined to Dundjinni itself - it would have been nice to be able to use that heap of images for tokens in FG as well, but never mind.

So, the one's under the 'Host' folder will be invisible to the players. Cool.
    You seem to suggest that I could make a 'Shared' folder for character icons, which my online players would then be able to see and use tokens from, is that right?

Btw, is there a thread where we can request added functionalities for FGs RMC?
    I'd like to suggest a professionbased character generator in that case, just to be able to zap through the temp- pot part of NPC generation; for when the details of the NPC stats are not crucial to the narrative, but still good to know, in regards to the game.
    A (level based) stat gain calculator would also be very nice, now that I think about it. Any forumthread in particular I ought to post such requests?

best regards

Res

The shared folder you can make yourself, just add a folder called shared. I dont use it that much to be honest, I only use tokens when preparing for a game.

Go here to read more of how to use tokens

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userg.../gm_tokens.xcp

Notice the menu in the left side of the screen has more topics under tokens.

Infact, even if that helpsite is 3.5 do read it and try out what is written there. Alot goes for RMC too.

You can post new ideas a suggestions here https://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

If you at some point lose this link, its in below all Dakadins posts.

I can make a npc fast by dragging a generic npc from the Character law to the npc screen.

open your character law in your library, and find the non-player character table (3. last). open the NPC & encounters and drag a npc name from the npc list to the npc & encounter screen. Enjoy .

Oh and a be sure to read and try out this

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=18275

Good tips, those. Thanks again!

Do you happen to know how to change the names of the bags of FG tokens?
    'custom O' seems a bit vague as a name for multiple bags

I've put my vote to the 'Better Handling of PC leveling' as that seems to adress the same basic functionality issue.

Well. I have placed mine in folders called what is in them, and when I start at the root of the tokens inside FG2 I see Monster, Host, animal tokens and a bag with the tokens from the module I made myself for the game (I recommend watching some of the movies here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/ scroll down and look at the archived videos in the right side of the screen about preparing your game). Under the HOST bag I have all my bags I have named from the file menu in windows. So the bags should mirror you filestructure. I'm a little confused why yours is named custom 0...

My files structure:

My top bag

double clicked on HOST bag and here I see a lot of bags called exactly the same as the folders.

Blog Entries
    Just rename the folder from Custom O to what you want it to be.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information