DICE PACKS BUNDLE

UK Wed 6.30PM New DM Looking to run Dark Suns type Savage Worlds Game

Hi

Please note that I am a new DM (limited experience a few years ago) so will be looking to learn the platform and how to DM as part of the process (patience is clearly going to be a pre-requisite!)

I am looking for a group to play on Wed evenings GMT, hopefully weekly. This is an adults only game (I am 46) and would like to keep the dialogue and interaction mature in its approach whilst having lots of fun, building the world and the characters who inhabit it.

The game will be loosely based on a dark sun theme, low resources (iron and steel weapons rare) and magic is present, but feared/hated by the common man on the street. It will be a high risk campaign - I like to roll fairly and have outcomes dictated by the choices of the party, and fate, rather than keeping characters alive at all costs, the sense of risk keeps people focused and invested in the rolls.

I am happy for home brew and options from any supplement to be considered - whilst I have a view of the game that I want to run I am also keen to encourage the players to help define the kind of environment they want to play within. I really love the idea of building out a story with the party, where the players actions and characters drive the narrative and inform the way that I plan the episodes. For instance I am not considering gun powder to be part of the world, but if you come with a fantastic concept that means your character had invented a gun then we would look to make it work together.

I like to incorporate background music (done well) and sound effects (has not been so easy) into the interface but need to set this up, and I have not yet worked out how to do the lighting within the new platform, so if you have expertise of FG then it would be a big help for me; I will expect the group to be patient with me as I learn the technology but I will invest the time in the background to continually improve the experience for everyone.

I expect combat/RP to be evenly split but not a fixed aspect in my mind and would look for input from anyone who wishes to play. I expect players to contribute through a back story; do try and watch some YouTube videos to give you some tips here as its very hard to play if everyone has a dark and troubled past...it can be a bit morbid and we want to enjoy the game as well! In game I also think its important that people have a voice, and are encouraged to make a contribution by their team, its not about individuals.

Happy to involve people who have not really played much SW before as its an amazing system but I would like to build a long term game so try and commit if at all possible. I also recognise that often you may join a group and realise that its not going to work for you so please be upfront as I am not going to get annoyed with anyone decides its not the right thing for them - its important that we are all happy and it could mean it takes a few weeks for the game to settle. Equally, if I think that there is something that you are doing (or not doing) that I think will impact the game I will try and have a talk with you about this so that I can explain what is not working and then we can work to improve, Ultimately I want to work with a group to create something really fun and engaging that we can look forward to every week - I know it will be work on my side so please help me by being open and communicative.

Still here?

OK. It actually feels a bit strange asking for people to join, but hopefully a few of you have made it this far and are still interested in getting involved. If you are it would be great if you could just drop me a short message with some details, specifically

1. Why the game/group I have outlined would be of interest to you?
    2. If you could choose to roleplay in a world from any Fantasy book/series/comic/film, what would it be? (I have been reading fantasy ever since my mums friend let me read the Belgarid series and I was hooked. Note there is no right or wrong answer here but it will dissuade time wasters and it might help me think more about the setting and the events)
    3. Do you have any strong views or positions that you hold which you think should be respected or acknowledge during a game? (for example I finding myself leaning a lot more left as I get older and will probably not be keen on people espousing far right talking points at the table)

Other than that share anything you want and if I get enough interest (looking for 3 minimum and 5 maximum) I will set up a discord and we can start to talk but I will need to configure the tool again (I have a new PC) and will need to build out the story once I know who the characters are (I like to bring the story to the players, rather than taking the players to the story).

Make sense?

Stay savage.

Lumba

Sound interesting, unfortunately for me my Wednesdays are already spoken for. Good luck in finding a group.

Hi i haven't played the system you're using yet but if you're willing to take in a newbie I'm defenitly interested.

is this still an ongoing campaign? I dont know savage worlds but I love the Darksun settings

Thread Information