DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Necropolis 2350

Necropolis 2350

Today saw the first battle in the re-taking of New Budapest. An Assault consisting of 2 Knight Lances and 2 Sergeant Lances, supported by a Mine Sweeper and 4 Medium battle tanks engaged a bunker complex guarded by Zombies and a Vampire, with 2 tanks in support.

The mission was a complete success with minor casualties taken, by the Vampire escaped.

The Commanding Knight Lance have returned from the front-lines and will be used again when the next push is launched.

Enclosed is a high-orbit scan of the battle showing the advance in detail.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Vae Victus!
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Nice. I've been reading this setting lately. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to play it with my in person local group because we don't have a large enough table. A single air strike would probably take out half the map space

Cool to see what this looks like in FG2 though.

All you would need to do is change the scale of a map, standard is 1:1, just make it 2:1 or 3:1. Savage works well enough that you don't need exact maps.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Yep the scaling rules for the deluxe set allow you to have a relatively small surface with maximum savageness. Just make 2" be another scale and you're set. As long as you're not using full sized miniatures, the scale can be adjusted.

Back in the day we used 1/16" square counters, on hex maps. the transition to squares is trivial and acceptable (as long as you aren't an old grognard like me). This gives a massive amount of units per "table-area."

Try it. You'll love it. It's a way of life.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Yeah, the problem is using full scale minis and POGs. I do make my own POGs, so it wouldn't be a stretch to use pennies instead of 1 inch washers for the POGs.

Of course it's easier yet to just use Fantasy Grounds and run it online

I went back to "paper pushing" (i.e. cardbord counters) for Savage Worlds, involving miniatures, a while back. I was running a mass battle in an Evernight game and I just happened to have alien counters (from boarding parties in Star Fleet Battles) and humans (same game) and then I ordered some blank counter sheets and it sameed to cascade from there....
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Thread Information