DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    I have the ruleset now (take that, checking account!) -- the brief demo convinced me. Now it's a question of whether I want to get any of the extensions, obsolete though they probably are, anytime soon.

One thing I learned is DO NOT ROLL DICE AGAINST THE CHARACTERISTICS. The system treats those just like skill rolls, meaning success will be exceedingly rare. Better to refer to the Resistance Table when doing a test of strength and the like.
    FGU Ultimate -- All Players Welcome
    "Without Love, I'd have no anger. I wouldn't believe in righteousness." -- Bernie Taupin

Glad you caught that "glitch" in the otherwise concise rules. Don't worry about purchasing add-ons, as they are designed for the most part to be backwards compatible with any "newer" version of the ruleset comes out.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

I'd like another go at a demo, actually. I want to see the character sheet again and what it does with Idea Rolls and the like.

The dice tower will be handy for Idea Rolls -- you would never know whether you succeeded or failed at one, and whether the answer the GM gives you is good or bad. In the RPG I published a decade ago, there were situations where you would roll against your abilities but not know the target level. The GM would interpret your roll, but is under no obligation to tell you whether you succeeded or failed. Your only clue would be the dice themselves -- if you saw that you're rolled a -3 on 4dF it would be obvious that you weren't doing very well. A dice tower would be nice there too.
    "Without Love, I'd have no anger. I wouldn't believe in righteousness." -- Bernie Taupin

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
    (which, if correct, might obsolete the entire BRP line).
    I have no info confirming what you wrote. I doubt Chaosium will make such a move as declaring an entire line obsolete.

I am thinking about the controversy over Call of Cthulhu going over to percentile Characteristics in addition to percentile Skills. And whether Chaosium might one day find it desirable to apply something similar to the rest of the BRP line. I really doubt the will, and hope they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
    I am thinking about the controversy over Call of Cthulhu going over to percentile Characteristics in addition to percentile Skills. And whether Chaosium might one day find it desirable to apply something similar to the rest of the BRP line. I really doubt the will, and hope they don't.
    It's really not much of a hardship if they do. The backwards conversion guidelines (CoC 7th to CoC 6th) included in the CoC 7th edition scenario "Dead Light" is a very simple 8 steps. With the first, and main one, being: "Divide all 7th edition characteristics by 5. Thus, STR 80 is equal to STR 16." There's really not much to it...
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 15th, 2014 at 21:34.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I guess I'll have to get back to my RQ II ruleset once I've finished off the Champions stuff... before all this tweaking comes into play. Whee.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    I guess I'll have to get back to my RQ II ruleset once I've finished off the Champions stuff... before all this tweaking comes into play. Whee.
    I doubt the ruleset will be chanmged permanently for FG users. Although how to account for people wanting to play 7th as opposed to 6th might require some extra work from whoever maintains the CoC set.

I think COC is in Moon's court at the moment.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Most likely, the ruleset will be converted to 7th edition as demand increases for that edition. I'm not familiar with the differences, or how the ruleset may need to be updated yet.

JPG

Thread Information