DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Poll of Use and Extentions

I was just wondering how many people, given BRP's flexibility, have built extentions for the rules outside the basic core. These could be, like the Eldritch Hooror extention, minute changes, to say a full blown world setting.

Also, I was wondering what system most people play when using BRP. Is it the classics, like Runequest, Superworld, Elfquest, or CoC? Perhaps it's of your own invention. I'm just curious to know.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

I'm pure Cthulhu. I've made minor extensions for The Laundry, Cthulhu Dark Ages and Cthulhu Invictus. Just simple stuff thats explained in the BRP ruleset documentation.

Loved Cthulhu Invictus. Wasn't a big fan of the Laundry. Cthulhu by Gaslight has to be my favorite, set a little earlier, during the Civil War in the 'States. Lot's of potential stories there.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Love gaslight bit all I've had to do with that is tinker with the code for the CoC extension as use that.

There was an extension for Open Quest ( written by PeterB I believe )

A friend has done lots of work on a RQ2 extension complete with a CoP library.

I have only ever run a session or two of Post Apoc ( Sara Newton adventure: Escape from the Slavelands ).

I got introduced to FG by a GM who ran Search for the Trollslayer (BRP), but later converted us to Savage Worlds because he liked it better.

I feel for him; I play both equally now,
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Blog Entries
    I've done a good bit of work on an RQII extension.. but there are a lot of features in BRP that need to be brought up to speed with the baseline rulesets.. and some fundamental functions that I was not able to implement. When we went to 2.8 there was a big jump (at least in my view) and it was beyond me to bridge the gap... I've backburnered the project and am working on other things now.
    Honestly I think the ruleset probably needs to be revamped to be more line with 3.5 and 4e in terms of features. I liked a lot of things about the BRP ruleset... but it needs someone to maintain it and carry the ball with it.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Well I believe MOon-Wizard has taken up the ball on bringing the system up to date using the new modular rules systems, which "should" make porting more easier. Unfoirtunately that's a couple of months away....
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Blog Entries
    I'll be excited to see it when it happens... until then my extension is on indefinite hold unfortunately.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Yeah. I know what you mean.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Thread Information