DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

RMC Ruleset Documentation

Siltoneous has been doing a great job helping me with documentation. He's been doing the bulk of the work with me just answering questions. The Character Creation/Character Sheet and Campaign Options are now available on the wiki. The can also be accessed within the ruleset. Here are the links to the wiki:

Rolemaster Classic - Character Creation/Character Sheet
    Rolemaster Classic - Campaign Options
    Last edited by Dakadin; September 10th, 2021 at 02:14.
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

The documentation is out of date. I see so many differences between the current version of FG and the documentation...

Quote Originally Posted by dglinder View Post
    The documentation is out of date. I see so many differences between the current version of FG and the documentation...
    Keep in mind that the RMC ruleset is not built on top of the CoreRPG ruleset. So a lot of the generic functionality you see in other rulesets is not in the RMC ruleset, or it is done differently.

The current version of the RMC ruleset is v1.7.6. The Stat Generation and Stat Gain document in post #1 covers this version.

That said, there is always room for improving documentation, so it's good to get constructive feedback. What specific areas of the RMC v1.7.6 ruleset is incorrect/different in the documentation above?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That said, there is always room for improving documentation, so it's good to get constructive feedback. What specific areas of the RMC v1.7.6 ruleset is incorrect/different in the documentation above?
    Well, for example, in section 2.1.2 it mentions a lot of "open the library and look in the book for race/profession etc, then type it in." But there are dropdowns for these things. The whole stat generation section, 2.1.3 is out of date because there are buttons to automatically roll a set of stats/potentials and re-order them with buttons onscreen. No need to roll manually, write them down, and type them in. In section 2.1.7, it says to drag and drop the "spells" primary skill onto the Skills tab and re-name it after the spell list. But if that's the case, what is the "Spells" tab for? That's where I dragged and dropped my spell lists. In section 2.1.10, it says to manually add up the DPs in the "misc" column, but if you just change the rank, the cost is entered and subtracted from the remaining DPs at the bottom. And that's just in the character creation section.

Yes, most of those changes were things I added to make things easier. Documentation isn't a strength of mine. I started working on it before time became hard to come by. That is where the Stat Generation and Stat Gain document came from. If I find some time I will try to update it.
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

I understand. I know time is the most valuable commodity of all, and keeping documentation up to date is a boring pain in the keister.

I am also interested in a RMC game if it can be worked into my work schedule. I have not played RMC, but have studied the rules, and am intrigued by it. I am also well versed in Fantasy grounds and the RMC ruleset. Please let me know if you make progress getting a game together. I am in the US central time zone, and weekends are most likely to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Keep in mind that the RMC ruleset is not built on top of the CoreRPG ruleset.
    So is that why I cannot use the "pregencharselect" class when developing a module? I have tried following the relevant documentation for the CoreRPG ruleset and a sample module I found in the forums, and I get the message "Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (pregencharselect : pregens@Pregen Link Test)".

Yes. A ruleset needs to be based on CoreRPG to use that window class.

Regards,
    JPG

I created an extension to the RMC ruleset to implement the "pregencharselect" functionality. It is posted with a few sample modules here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...321#post366321

As described in the post, a couple of the modules name the collection of character sheets the same, and they are presented together in the selection window. I would appreciate any recommendation for preventing that result if possible.

Bale Nomad

Thread Information