STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Discouraged early on!

I just bought the FGII and RMC ruleset to try to simplify playing my favorite table top RPG game and figuring this thing out is just as dang hard as figuring out the original "Rule-Master" game.

WTF. As far as I can tell, theres no comprehensive walkthrough instruction manual for this program that isnt related to D&D. Im kinda pissed.

I'm typing in my Character stats from paper character record sheets and it wont even populate the Bonus section, thats one of the very first things involved in going from Paper to Electronic and I've already hit a snag. I wouldnt have bought this Software if I knew it was still in development and user unfriendly.

Not very promising...

Steamed,

Ericthered

I'll admit, I know nothing of this game let alone the ruleset, but have you tried this extension?

Not sure if that will help, but it is worth a try.

Not familiar with RMC myself, but have you checked out the 3 stickied forum posts at the top of this forum? They all seem to give tips IRT this ruleset.

There may just be something obvious (once you know it, it's obvious) that you're not doing. I know stuff like that has tripped me up in the past in other rulesets.

Blog Entries
    Looks like you missed this; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16579 (it worked for me).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I'm typing in my Character stats from paper character record sheets and it wont even populate the Bonus section, thats one of the very first things involved in going from Paper to Electronic and I've already hit a snag. I wouldnt have bought this Software if I knew it was still in development and user unfriendly.
    Are you saying it isn't filling in the stat bonuses for you or are you seeing a different issue?

What version of the ruleset does the chat window say you are using when you start up the ruleset?

Manage characters still has a few issues that I haven't had a chance to resolve so you are better off starting a new campaign to enter characters.

I'm sorry you are finding it frustrating. The 3 stick threads that Emrak mentioned should help give you an overview but if not please let me know if you need more help figuring anything out.

Dakadin

Yes, when I put in the Temp and Potential stats say for Strength it doesnt tabulate the approprian bonus in the bonus column. I can adjust Race or Spec but I'm under the assumption that lets say you got a 101 strength it'll put a +35 over in the bonus section but it doesnt. neither will it let me add it.

Thanks Bro! I did miss that! Will check it out.

I just tested it and it is working for me so I would like to find out why it isn't working for you. I've attached a screenshot to show a 101 ST.

Are you using any extensions?

One other thing that might be helpful is if you are using races from Character Law, you can use the drop down arrow to select the race.

* You will need to click the modules button in the upper right corner.
    * Enable the Character Law module by dragging open the small book to the right of it or double clicking the graphic.
    * If the character sheet is already open close it and reopen it.
    * Click the drop down list for race and it should allow you to select from the list.
    * When a race is selected it will fill in the appropriate values for stat and RR bonuses.

Please post if you have any questions. There are a lot of great people on these forums willing to help out.

Blog Entries
    Be sure to check out the FG RMC User Manual that comes with the install. If you click on the Programs | Fantasy Grounds II | Application Data Folder and then browse to "Docs", you'll see it.

Hi Eric.

Welcome to FG2, and also Rolemaster in FG2 . While you might be frustrated by the program (I agree there is a lot to learn at first), as you can see all ready if in trouble or have questions people here will rush to your aid, even the guy who works continuously on making the Rolemaster module better and better as time goes by .

There have all ready been some good advice. What I did ½ year ago, was to get myself familiar with FG2 in general. Yes that means trying all the stuff out from the https://www.fantasygrounds.com/library/ Even if its for 3.5 and 4.0. After that I saw some videos, again made for 3.5 and 4.0, you can find them here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/ look in the right side and DO scroll down and look at the archived ones too, they are very good. Remember these videos are made by USERS and not Smitework and the quality can vary but try to focus on the info .

Rolemaster... ah! You have been pointed to the docs, but Dakadin made some videos too and to be honest those were the ones that gave me the kick to actually buy the Rolemaster module. Found here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=17264.

Else I'll just recommend you to open a FG2, start a new campaign and start a local client too on the same pc, and play around with the system.

Have fun! I hope your frustration level will fall and your skill in FG2 - Rolemaster will get a hefty +100 bonus in the following days! Ask and you will be answered .

Thread Information