STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: layered images

layered images

Is anyone having issues with tokens taking ages to show for their players?

For some reason, the tokens do not preload. But each week the players seem to have to download the tokens every session? Is this normal?
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    Age of Rebellion & Edge of Empire
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Purchase GMD CORE RPG Here:
    https://www.gmdonline.co.uk/shop/

Shared tokens should cache. Host only tokens would be shared when used in a game, and then I believe they should cache. I'm not sure what tokens in a common module would do, I guessing cache.

If you tell us your exact token situation we might be able to be more specific. Are the tokens in a library or adventure module? Are they in the host or shared folder in data apps? Ruleset?

They are in the campaign folder, ruleset is savage worlds.
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

You talk about issues with tokens but the title of this thread is layered images, are you using the image layers functionality with tokens, or are we just talking about tokens displaying in general?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My apologies, I posted this late last night.

I am using tokens as map tiles along with layered imaging. Within the savage worlds ruleset.

It seems to take forever for tokens, player tokens or map tiles to display.

I have 8 players in the game and the worst internet connection in the world. But it seems that each week when we open the map from which we left off, the tokens need to re download again. I also believed they cached.

My router has to have the computer reassigned every game, which sucks and is an independent issue from fg.

It can take us anywhere from an hour to two hours to get started!

As a gm it is frustrating, I can only imagine what it must be like for the players.
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Not sure if this is any sort of solution to your issue, but in my last game there was situation where one player said that he doesn't see any tokens on the map. What I did, I right clicked the map and selected Sharing -> Sync Client View. Directly after that tokens appeared and game was carried onwards. I haven't seen these issues much in my game but I share the pain how it feels.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael
    Not sure if this is any sort of solution to your issue, but in my last game there was situation where one player said that he doesn't see any tokens on the map. What I did, I right clicked the map and selected Sharing -> Sync Client View. Directly after that tokens appeared and game was carried onwards. I haven't seen these issues much in my game but I share the pain how it feels.
    This sounds like the known issue which occurs when players who close then reopen an image (from the images/map links) when the GM still have the image open. The work-around is what you say - re-share or sync client view.

Mentioned in post #1, third on list of known issues: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=15647
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes I have found that to work in the past. I think it is mainly due to my internet
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeus
    Yes I have found that to work in the past. I think it is mainly due to my internet
    I can reproduce the player only seeing the bottom player on my own PC (player connecting as localhost) so don't blame it all on your internet connection!

Ok np, just been having a lot of tech probs for our Monday game.
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Thread Information