DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by xaoslaad
    I ran in Hawkwind's game that finished up yesterday, so hopefully I can get my Chronicle sheet to you before Saturday so you have a chance to look it over along with everything else.
    That would be good, I like to get everything setup in advance and review before the game starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots
    Yes I agree either approve or ban, but they should make it definitive!
    I don't consider a +2 bonus that minor, that is a good trait, or a low level feat, or from a +4 stat increase, or two levels of Favored Bonuses. All for a low cost of 50 gp when a Magnify glass only gives you a +2 "circumstance" (only to small or highly detailed) to appraise for 100 gp.

On the approve or ban, if they could write every instance into a rule you wouldn't need a GM you could do it all with a computer. The more rules you have the more it stifles player and GM creativity. I love the universal rules for Pathfinder Society and I think it is great for keeping all the important things like levels, gold and magic items in balance across multiple GMs. That they don't worry about 50gp items and focus on the big stuff is a good thing.

At the very least you should be happy that I told you in advance instead of arguing in the game when the rest of the players want to play (PS I only give a 2 min window for explaining your point on a rule during game time). Now you can make the informed decision on whether you want to play and hope that next GM is less "pedantic", or find a session more to your liking.

As mentioned a number of times before on this specific point - it is the GMs decision on when masterwork tools can be used. Don't apply the +2 to your skill on the character sheet - ask the GM if you can use the tool and apply the +2 bonus in the modifier box.

It is good that we can debate this outside of a game, but it is quite clear in the rules that it is up to the GM. It doesn't matter if 25 Venture Officers and 99 GMs you've played with let you use them often, if the GM you are playing with doesn't think the tool is specific to the situation you want to use if for then abide by their decision and keep playing.

Winged1 is not saying he is not allowing masterwork tools full stop, he is just saying that there are some skills and usage where he won't allow their use. I'd say exactly the same when I'm running a game.

I'll draw your attention to the entry in Ultimate Equipment again - there is a line that says "Some skills have no appropriate tool or masterwork tool..." so it is well within a GMs right to say "You know what, I honestly can't see where your sticky gloves will help with your UMD check with a wand, sorry".

This has really been debated enough now - please let each GM make their own decision on this and not give them a hard time. We have taken up enough of Winged1's adventure recruitment thread. If you really want to keep debating this please move to here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=18149
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 15th, 2013 at 15:58.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Winged1
    At the very least you should be happy that I told you in advance instead of arguing in the game when the rest of the players want to play (PS I only give a 2 min window for explaining your point on a rule during game time). Now you can make the informed decision on whether you want to play and hope that next GM is less "pedantic", or find a session more to your liking.
    I think you may have taken this a bit personal which was not my intention. I stated that before I bought the items I asked the Venture Lieutenant that, for the most part, presides over FG's and the other majority of GM's that run games here, what their thoughts were. Obviously i disagreed with the VL in regards to needing 5 different MW tools for one perception check, but I went with it because most others agreed with him. I was trying to get around having to deal with this with every single GM and try to get a "authoritative ruling" so to speak.

I don't mind not using them at all if that's what you would like. As I showed you from my list, I'm not sure what I would/wouldn't be allowed to use.

Just to clarify, I would never argue with you or anyone else during a game and ruin the experience, that's what forums are for

Lastly I would say this from my experience and from other I've talk to, the GM's with the least "I'm in Charge, It's My Way or the Highway" attitude are always the funnest and most well liked in seems. Trust me I understand that GM's have to make calls in regards to situations, but micromanaging every single action can bog down the fun of the game.

Just my thoughts, Look forward to the game Sat. if your still ok with me playing.

EDIT: oops must have been in middle of typing when Trenloe posted, I wont post anymore with regard to this matter. Thanks
    Last edited by Trueshots; February 15th, 2013 at 15:45.

Adoen

I still don't have my Chronicle sheet from my Wednesday's game with hawkwind.

I sent him a message and asked that he please send it to me if possible, but so far no response.

I'm uploading everything you requested in case he responds in the next several hours. The only difference you would expect to see is +gp earned, and 2 prestige earned, and 2 prestige spent on a wand of cure light wounds.

I guess if I can't get my sheet I'll resign since playing wtihout is sort of messy and a pain for you I'm sure. I hope I don't have to do that though, this session sounds interesting and fun.

The Chronicle I uploaded is from Trueshots game a couple weeks back.

I still don't have my Chronicle sheet from my Wednesday's game with hawkwind.

I sent him a message and asked that he please send it to me if possible, but so far no response.

I'm uploading everything you requested in case he responds in the next several hours. The only difference you would expect to see is +gp earned, and 2 prestige earned, and 2 prestige spent on a wand of cure light wounds.

I guess if I can't get my sheet I'll resign since playing wtihout is sort of messy and a pain for you I'm sure. I hope I don't have to do that though, this session sounds interesting and fun.

The Chronicle I uploaded is from Trueshots game a couple weeks back.
    No problem playing without the last chronicle you just won't be able to use it for this session, the problem will be giving you the chronicle from this session. It will have the total you have earned so far so we can either wait until you get you last chronicle before I give you this one, or we can do this one up based on the session you sent me.

Hope that works for you.

Ya, if we can wait to apply it until I get the other one that would be cool with me.

Thanks!

Ya, if we can wait to apply it until I get the other one that would be cool with me.

Thanks!
    You should be OK. Some GM's take longer than others to return chronicles. My goal is to do them after the game and post immediately or within 24 hours. But nevertheless this shouldn't keep you from playing in a game, say, the very next day. Most all the Gm's are aware of this issue and are more than happy to accommodate you and to work with your previous GM to guarantee the information is posted correctly at some time or another. I was with you and so were a couple other guys that are playing tonight, we can vouch for you the XP/PP you earned in your last game Hope your still playing, see ya tonight!

Good luck with the session tonight, have fun!
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Thanks, if I can keep the module from reverting back from the import and saving my changes it should be good. Otherwise I am doing some manual work.

Thread Information