FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    On top of buying the PFS scenarios with Paizo, I would eagerly pay to buy the FG conversion here on the SmiteWork's store. I don't know that it would be enough money to be worth someone's trouble to convert scenarios, but it would certainly solve my issue for not GMing more often. I love GMing and my experience thus far with PFS+FG has been quite enjoyable. I just wished the reason I am not contributing more wouldn't be stuck in IP rights legalities.

Gabe Newell, over at Valve, has long been an advocate in favor of changing mindset and laws to remove distribution control issues from impeding consumers' experience. I remember one of his early speech, about 6 years ago when Steam was beginning, where he was putting forth that much piracy were caused by ill-founded control needs around distribution revenues, rather than publishers focusing on increasing players' purchase and playing experiences.

Back then, the Apple store vs Napster was an example of how people would accept to pay for music, if the whole consuming experience was well-thought out. Ahhh, but I digressed off topic.

Blog Entries
    I don't know if the thread title is all that accurate.

Preparing a game as DM takes time... that much is certain.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    On top of buying the PFS scenarios with Paizo, I would eagerly pay to buy the FG conversion here on the SmiteWork's store. I don't know that it would be enough money to be worth someone's trouble to convert scenarios, but it would certainly solve my issue for not GMing more often. I love GMing and my experience thus far with PFS+FG has been quite enjoyable. I just wished the reason I am not contributing more wouldn't be stuck in IP rights legalities.

Gabe Newell, over at Valve, has long been an advocate in favor of changing mindset and laws to remove distribution control issues from impeding consumers' experience. I remember one of his early speech, about 6 years ago when Steam was beginning, where he was putting forth that much piracy were caused by ill-founded control needs around distribution revenues, rather than publishers focusing on increasing players' purchase and playing experiences.

Back then, the Apple store vs Napster was an example of how people would accept to pay for music, if the whole consuming experience was well-thought out. Ahhh, but I digressed off topic.
    The bottom line of this comes down to the guy/gal who did the work to create the product getting paid for the work he/she did by the people who use what he/she created. Seems like if that gets covered... it's all good. Realistically, once you get down to the .pdf price to download from paizo.com plus the cost for Smiteworks to market it, plus the fee to the person who did the conversion... you should be able to come up with a real price to sell this stuff... and then everyone wins... but then Smiteworks has to handle paying both the converter (x amount) and Paizo it's $3.99 per scenario.
    Seems like if Smiteworks sold them for $9.99 ... they could pay $3 and make $3... and everyone would win. There's probably a fee for Paypal too... so.. well I'm not sure what kinda cut they get.
    I'm not really sure why Paizo wouldn't go for this kind of deal.. it seems like gravy to me.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

I have the reverse problem iI have gm'ed four PFS. games and have yet to play in one yet, not that I am complaining @in prefer running games to playing in them. I suspect that I may not ever get to play a online game and will turn up at a UK con with a level 8 character which I have never played with before.
    As for prep time I just read the module a few times, run the parser and import the maps, I
    can do the FG bit in under a hour

I seem to have the opposite situation.. I would love to GM more, but due to a weird work schedule (working retail blows, btw), two small kids, and a RP heavy campaign I run my time is pretty much gone.

Oddly though, I have short periods of time at night that I have for myself. During that time, I convert stuff into FG. Because of that, I have almost all of season 4 converted (and several other things D20 and CP2020 related) and am looking at doing three once I complete what I have of 4.

I figured once they are converted I can run them whenever.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Thread Information