DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondrick
    I´m willing to help out and make modules for season 0 I have all the adventures for that season. I would like to DM but I might need help with DM paizo stuff before because I don´t know exactly what needs to be in chronicles sheet.
    Chronicle sheet is easy. In each of your scenarios look in last page it has a chronicle already filled out . I copy and paste the items and such to my blank master copy, then I add everyone info in separately. It really take no time once you get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots
    In my opinion if both GMs have bought the PDF, I see no reason in the world why they can't share the FG's information literally all it is info copied and pasted from the PDF file from Paizo. Everyone has purchased the exact same info so not sure how this would effect copyright laws.
    You have purchased the information in a PDF form and a PDF form only - for your use only. Buying the PDF gives you no right to change/distribute the content. Changing the medium of the data beyond your use only is an infringement of copyright.

I know people all have different views on copyright - but the copyright laws (and specifically the OGL) are very clear on this. People think OGL means I can re-use and distribute stuff under OGL for free - that is not the case at all. OGL for Paizo products: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...meLicense.html

This clearly states Product Identity as: "All trademarks, registered trademarks, proper names (characters, deities, etc.), dialogue, plots, storylines, locations, characters, artworks, and trade dress."

Paizo also have a community use policy that is very clear on what Paizo intellectual property can be used by the community for non-profit: https://paizo.com/paizo/about/communityuse

This does not include scenario content, maps, images, etc. that is not listed in the community use policy.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Honestly half of those scenarios are worthless to us. The only games we can run are 1-5. I'm even having problems running a subtier 4-5 game when a dozen people signed up. We just don't have enough players. I had 2 guys that played with me last week that I think have moved on because lack of games. This is a huge issue, bigger than its being made out to be. When you are new you want to play everyday cause you "done caught tha fire". If we can't provide that for people then they simply go play on another site. Case in point my game on Sunday all those people wanting to play and 70% will go home empty handed. And I bet half we won't see again. And if we do and the same thing happens on the next game then you can be sure you'll never see the again! Its sad honestly!

@trenloe
    I fully under stand what you saying but that doesn't negate the truth of what I'm saying either in regards to losing players and GMs. The only option is for FG's to make a more efficient way to enter info from a PDF. You should be able to submit you PDF in FGs and it do everything else. You can afterwards go in an tweet it. I would pay double or triple for the FG's program if that were the case!

Honestly half of those scenarios are worthless to us. The only games we can run are 1-5. I'm even having problems running a subtier 4-5 game when a dozen people signed up. We just don't have enough players. I had 2 guys that played with me last week that I think have moved on because lack of games. This is a huge issue, bigger than its being made out to be. When you are new you want to play everyday cause you "done caught tha fire". If we can't provide that for people then they simply go play on another site. Case in point my game on Sunday all those people wanting to play and 70% will go home empty handed. And I bet half we won't see again. And if we do and the same thing happens on the next game then you can be sure you'll never see the again! Its sad honestly!
    I understand your enthusiasm Trueshots - it's great.

I'm all for supporting GMs and making it as easy for the to GM games as possible. But, publicly sharing scenario data is out I'm afraid.

The nature of role-playing games is that GMs will always have to do more work than players. For popular role-playing games there will always be more players than GMs. For internet gaming there will always be newbies who want to play and who drift away without playing a game or after playing 1 or 2 games - for all sorts of reasons.

All we can do here is support GMs, players and the community working within the limits of what is legally allowed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@trenloe
    I fully under stand what you saying but that doesn't negate the truth of what I'm saying either in regards to losing players and GMs. The only option is for FG's to make a more efficient way to enter info from a PDF. You should be able to submit you PDF in FGs and it do everything else. You can afterwards go in an tweet it. I would pay double or triple for the FG's program if that were the case!
    I've looked into this, but there is no fixed standard for Paizo scenario PDFs to be able to do this reliably - even 50% reliably.

The reason why the creature parser works is that Paizo published the creature statblock standard and (generally) adheres to it: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...roduction.html

There is no such standard for production of PDFs by any manufacturer (not just Paizo). So, even if a PDF parser was written the output would only be partially complete - more likely data in all the wrong places, if the truth be told.

It would be nice if Paizo just simply put it in the exact same format every time like the stat blocks.

It would be nice if Paizo just simply put it in the exact same format every time like the stat blocks.
    Yes, it would be very nice...

But, all we can do is work with what we are given...

Your a big wig there send em an email and tell em were tired of cheating them out of money but they've tied our hands

Yes, I think perhaps an email from our community would be a good idea. Point out our issues and ask them what advice they have.

In all honesty, I've seen GMs rock up and run a module sight-unseen in real life and while that's far from optimal - it's impossible on FG. With my job I just don't have the time to do that.

Thread Information