DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 14 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by sirchet
    I have tried the Path Finder rule set once, maybe it was the group but it had a very elitist feel.

The time spent bashing 3.5 was almost equal to the time spent actually playing the session.

I may try it again, hopefully it was just that group of people.
    That's completely the group you were playing with. Other than people discussing the main differences between 3.5e and Pathfinder, which is needed for people familiar with 3.5e and trying Pathfinder out, I've never even discussed 3.5e during my Pathfinder games. We just get on and play...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980
    I have been put off Pathfinder society merely by the fact that you need to bring a character with you, need to be registered and to run a game. I may be wrong but that is the impression I get. I would love to try PF some time but probably more interested in 3.5
    For Pathfinder Society games, yes you need to register and bring a character (unless you play one of the Pathfinder Society pre-gens in your first game) - it is organised play and a lot of people like it because of the one-shot nature with an underlying campaign and character development. This is not a Pathfinder only phenomenon: D&D 3.5e had Living Greyhawk and 4e has Living Forgotten Realms with similar registration and character requirements.

Non society Pathfinder RPG games would essentially be the same as 3.5e games - Pathfinder was built around being, and still is, 3.5e compatible. I run a campaign written for 3.5e with the Pathfinder rules with very little change to the NPCs/Creature stats from the 3.5e material.

If you're not interested in Pathfinder Society (PFS) games then just keep an eye out to see if the GM is advertising as a Society (PFS) game or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980
    And that's from the bloke who tried 5 different games last FGcon (man, I was knackered)
    I'm running 3 Pathfinder sessions at the convention that are *not* Society games - two of which have open slots. Give it a go...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by sirchet
    I have tried the Path Finder rule set once, maybe it was the group but it had a very elitist feel.

The time spent bashing 3.5 was almost equal to the time spent actually playing the session.

I may try it again, hopefully it was just that group of people.
    Yeah, the people you play with makes a big difference - I find this with all rpgs There's nothing in the rules that mean you have to be elitist hehe
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Blog Entries
    Personally, I've had a really good experience with the players on these forums in general, regardless of the system. And honestly, the system really isn't the thing... some have different interesting features or whatever... but the GM and the players are what makes a game fun. Currently, I'm playing PF because there are plenty of good/fun players playing it. If there was a fun group playing RuneQuest, I'd be playing that.. or Rolemaster... or Vampire.. or whatever the game was... it's about the people.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

This is not the first time I have wished for a "Like this post" feature. I second Blackfoot's sentiments.
    FG II Full license holder.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Geeshu
    I second Blackfoot's sentiments.
    And I third them!

Fantasy Grounds is an amazing application, but if the community wasn't so great I wouldn't be active here - I'd just play with my friends and no one would be the wiser...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Geeshu
    Do I need to just move the unfilled games around to better times? Lots of overlap with Pathfinder is probably not doing anyone any favors.

If there are interested players who can't make it because of conflicts, as long as I'm not up at 3 a.m., I would be happy to accommodate. Suggest an alternate time.
    There are definitely still a few open time slots in the Calendar I'm not sure how those work with your schedule (they are generally pretty late at night as far as US time zones go) and it is getting toward last minute for signups. There is nothing currently on the schedule for Sunday Night (again US times)... that might give some time for players to get their act together and sign up... or it might be a bad time as folks have work in the morning.

Alternatively, you could try and run a pickup game from folks in the 'pickup game' room on Teamspeak...
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Saturday

Good to see 4 sessions running concurrently: 2 PFS games, 1 Rolemaster game and one game of Fantasy Dice !

Well, the event is now over! Share your feedback and thoughts on how it went!

Ran two games myself - they both ran a little long (still trying to master the pacing at such events). Both were fun, and I'd gladly run more games at the next event! I only wish the next time I wouldn't have so many real life schedule conflicts and I'd get to play as well!

Many, many thanks to everyone who invested a lot of time setting this up. It was great and your efforts produced many laughs and good karma.

I only got to play in one after I figured out I'd done the times wrong lol.

The one game I did play in though was awesome! I pity those poor bandits though

Thread Information