FG Spreadshirt Swag

View Poll Results: Is This Video Tutorial Helpful?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Its Helpful (Trueshots is the god of Helpfulness)

9 100.00%
  • No, It's Not Helpful (Did someone actually let Trueshots use a computer on his own?)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

****Video Tutorial on Getting Started with Fantasy Grounds and Pathfinder Society****

I wanted to make a tutorial so new players can see what they need to do to start playing. There are 5 X 5 minute videos (25 mins total) here, they cover the following things:

* Obtaining a PFS ID number
    * Obtaining a copy of HeroLab
    * Creating a PFS character within HeroLab
    * Saving Herolab files
    * Exporting Herolab Files
    * Posting your new .xml file to forums for access by GM of your game

Getting Started: Video 1
    Getting Started: Video 2
    Getting Started: Video 3
    Getting Started: Video 4
    Getting Started: Video 5

It was hard for me to figure these things out when I stated and I'm afraid we may lose people if were not more active with helping in the initial stages. I hope this helps, would love feedback if this is helpful or I should change something. Thanks!

ADDITIONAL TUTORIAL VIDEOS:

How To Import A Hero Lab Character File Into FG's Manage Characters and Campaign. Plus Adding Special Abilities Inside FG's
    Adding Modules to FG, ie., Spells, Equipment, Feats, Traits, etc.
    Making the Perfect Character Portrait for Your FG Character
    Editing Your Character in FG and Exporting to XML File (3 part series)
    Editing Your Character in FG and Exporting to XML File (part 1)
    Editing Your Character in FG and Exporting to XML File (part 2)
    Editing Your Character in FG and Exporting to XML File (part 3)
    DM Tools
    Adding Mobs/Creatures To Your FG's Campaign Using The Creature Parser
    Last edited by Trueshots; February 16th, 2013 at 21:55.

I've only had a quick flick through the videos, thanks for doing these Trueshots.

Are you considering doing a video to cover importing the HL character .hlfg file into FG (be it a campaign or manage characters), checking through the character build in FG and then exporting as XML for the game?

I know this is not available to unregistered users, but getting players used to doing this will introduce new players to the FG interface earlier than their first game, give them the responsibility of checking their character imports correctly and also allow them to do additional changes as needed.

The more a player knows about doing this the better - it will help them get more familiar with FG and also reduce the load on the GM a bit by making sure the PC xml is more complete and checked before being sent to the GM.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Are you considering doing a video to cover importing the HL character .hlfg file into FG (be it a campaign or manage characters), checking through the character build in FG and then exporting as XML for the game?
    Yes, The video I have covers all that. I hate my free Screenr account only allowed me to do 5 min videos, I have a program I use to record MMO games. With that I could use and upload to youtube for a continuous video. I may do that at a later date, but just did this one this way to get people started.

If there are more specific video tutorials you would like me to make let me know. I'm pretty computer illiterate but I can help explain some of the simple stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots
    Yes, The video I have covers all that.
    Sorry, forgive me, but I don't see Fantasy Grounds being opened in any of these 5 videos. I was referring to actually importing the .hlfg into either manage characters or a campaign and actually reviewing/checking the PC in Fantasy Grounds. Then exporting the FG XML from Fantasy Grounds to send to the GM.

Have I missed this somewhere in the videos?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Sorry, forgive me, but I don't see Fantasy Grounds being opened in any of these 5 videos. I was referring to actually importing the .hlfg into either manage characters or a campaign and actually reviewing/checking the PC in Fantasy Grounds. Then exporting the FG XML from Fantasy Grounds to send to the GM.

Have I missed this somewhere in the videos?
    Ah ok, Yea I cover importing it to the "managed characters" or "xml" or "campaign" but I haven't actually pulled up FG and show it there. Give me a few, I can Make one for that here in just a little bit. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I don't play Pathfinder but I still gotta give props for this. Well done.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Added 2 more video's per Trenloe's request. As I add videos I will just edit Opening Post, videos will be placed under the "ADDITIONAL TUTORIAL VIDEOS". If you have more requests please let me know. Thanks!
    Last edited by Trueshots; January 31st, 2013 at 02:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots
    Added 2 more video's per Trenloe's request.
    Fantastic - thanks!

Reputation added...

Thanks for making these. I know I had a time of it getting through all this, was not bad once I had someone to explain and walk me step by step. These should help others.

Using the spell effects for actions is a nice touch, you might want to edit you top post just to mention that also.

Thread Information