DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 50 of 277 First ... 40484950515260100150 ... Last

Thread: Project: Par5e

I tried to use PAR5E but I had no idea what I was doing, it seemed like there were several different READ ME files and I was never able to figure it out. I spent hours just trying to figure out how to get the text out of the PDFs.

Whereas Valeros' tool, like his 4E tool, you just point this thing at your PDF, and it works. Joy!

Blog Entries
    Guys, because I added Pregens and Quests to the latest release, you will need to create a new config file. DO NOT USE EXISTING CONFIG FILES as it will cause the issue you are seeing.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumamgar View Post
    But the DMG is still several months away!

There will be an update to the Basic Rules early next week, presumably that will have magic items in it, so maybe once that has come out, you can make some decisions on what format to support.
    From what I understand, Wizards are planning to release a 2nd BR PDF, this one containing info for the DM with content drawn from the up and coming DMG. This doesn't necessarily mean the format used in BR will be consistent with formats used in DMG but yes we can begin to base the formats on what gets released next week.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

Blog Entries
    Just uploaded a new maintenance build which addresses a bug reported by Xorn with classes. The last entry's Ability header was not being displayed correctly. Now fixed. See first post for details.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcolville View Post
    I tried to use PAR5E but I had no idea what I was doing, it seemed like there were several different READ ME files and I was never able to figure it out. I spent hours just trying to figure out how to get the text out of the PDFs.

Whereas Valeros' tool, like his 4E tool, you just point this thing at your PDF, and it works. Joy!

mattcolville - I understand. PAR5E is a lot more complicated to use but in fairness its a lot more powerful too If you require a functional module with NPCs, Spells, Items, etc. to support your games, Valeros's tools are the way to go - as you say nice and very easy to use. If on the other hand you also want images/maps/tokens, reference manual text, story/encounter entries, parcels, pre-placed tokens on maps, quests, tables and lots more, all cross linked, formatted and indexed OR if you want to use it for any CoreRPG ruleset or run it on Linux/Mac this is where PAR5E can be used.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

God damnit Zeus. I'm going to have to sit down and try PAR5E again. I might as well try to consolidate all the noob advice while I'm reading through.

May I suggest a video... for the love of us technologically challenged folks?

As always great stuff, Z.

Still having to use a dummy feat to get the last to appear, btw.

Clarification Question: For EQUIPMENT, is there just the Original 3 (WEAPON | ARMOR | ADVENTURING GEAR) plus now:
    • TOOLS
    • MOUNTS AND OTHER ANIMALS
    • TACK, HARNESS, AND DRAWN VEHICLES
    • WATERBOURNE VEHICLES

I tried to put in Food, Drink, and Lodging as such:
    Code:
    #@;FOOD
    #th;Item;Cost;-
    #st;Food, Drink, and Lodging
    Banquet, per person;10 gp;-
    Bread, loaf;2 cp;-
    Cheese, hunk;1 sp;-

etc...
    But I get: Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (reference_foodtable : reference5EPHB.equipmentlists.foodtable@5E PHB)

When I try to access it. Also note, that if I tried to do #th;Item;Cost (just using a two header field) it ignores the entire section when compiling.

[EDIT:] Cosmetic - While x4 does show up for Cost, the x2 for weight on Barding shows up in FG2 as " lb."
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; August 9th, 2014 at 18:57.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I didn't add these items as I didn't think they would factor heavily on character sheets and the like. I can add support for it in the next build if you like.

And, I forgot about Feats. I'll fix for the next release.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Having an issue with parsing. Working on getting items in from Hoard of the Dragon Queen...when I parse the npcs they don't show up in Fantasy Grounds though Par5e says everything went fine. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

I am copying the npcs from a pdf onto a txt file, saving that as npcs.text and then parsing.

Any insight?

Thread Information