STAR TREK 2d20
Page 49 of 277 First ... 3947484950515999149 ... Last

Thread: Project: Par5e

Right off the bat, I notice that they have added back in the type, rarity, attributes portion of magic items (something missing from the starter set).

For example:

Code:
    Staff of Fire
    Staff, very rare, requires attunement
    You must be a bard, sorcerer, warlock, or wizard to become attuned to this staff.
    While you hold this staff, you have resistance t...

Bag of Holding
    Wondrous item, uncommon
    This cloth sack, roughly 2 feet in di...
    Placing an object in the bag follow...

Dagger of Venom
    Weapon (dagger), rare
    You have a +1 bonus to attack rolls ...
    Once per day, you can use an action ...
    -Bumamgar

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumamgar View Post
    Yes, the documentation updates are awesome. I didn't notice any actual parser markup changes and the changelog doesn't mention anything specifically. Are there any markup updates that we should be aware of?

Also, I haven't tried yet, but has anyone found any issues parsing the stat blocks from the online WotDQ supplement? (https://media.wizards.com/2014/downl...lement1_PF.pdf)
    Nope, no markup changes to existing data items so as to speak. I did add Quests and Pregen Characters which of course use new markup but the rest of the changes were mainly bug fixes and documentation updates.

As for the stat blocks in the PDF you referenced, the bulk look ok and should parse. Those NPCs with Legendary Actions will require a small update (unless you merge Legendary Actions under regular actions).
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumamgar View Post
    Right off the bat, I notice that they have added back in the type, rarity, attributes portion of magic items (something missing from the starter set).

For example:

Code:
    Staff of Fire
    Staff, very rare, requires attunement
    You must be a bard, sorcerer, warlock, or wizard to become attuned to this staff.
    While you hold this staff, you have resistance t...

Bag of Holding
    Wondrous item, uncommon
    This cloth sack, roughly 2 feet in di...
    Placing an object in the bag follow...

Dagger of Venom
    Weapon (dagger), rare
    You have a +1 bonus to attack rolls ...
    Once per day, you can use an action ...
    Bugger. The play test data had rarity which I have just removed to meet the new stat for magic items in BR. Oh well. Looks like I might have to add it back in again. Think I will wait for the DMG, as that should contain a more definitive stat block.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

But the DMG is still several months away!

There will be an update to the Basic Rules early next week, presumably that will have magic items in it, so maybe once that has come out, you can make some decisions on what format to support.
    -Bumamgar

Checking it out now, Zeus

Starting with Backgrounds.
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; August 8th, 2014 at 21:49.

Backgrounds look great except I am getting one oddity.. Folk Hero : Defining Event

Here's the code:
    Code:
    #h;Defining Event
    You previously pursued a simple profession among the peasantry, perhaps as a farmer, miner, servant, shepherd, woodcutter, or gravedigger. But something happened that set you on a different path and marked you for greater things. Choose or randomly determine a defining event that marked you as a hero of the people.

d10 Defining Event
    1 I stood up to a tyrant’s agents.
    2 I saved people during a natural disaster.
    3 I stood alone against a terrible monster.
    4 I stole from a corrupt merchant to help the poor.
    5 I led a militia to fight off an invading army.
    6 I broke into a tyrant’s castle and stole weapons to arm the people.
    7 I trained the peasantry to use farm implements as weapons against a tyrant’s soldiers.
    8 A lord rescinded an unpopular decree after I led a symbolic act of protest against it.
    9 A celestial, fey, or similar creature gave me a blessing or revealed my secret origin.
    10 Recruited into a lord’s army, I rose to leadership and was commended for my heroism.
    Oddly, the table goes from 1 to 9, rolls a D10, but the tenth entry is left as text beyond the table in the description (text) box. When a 10 is rolled on the die, it gives the result for 9 ("A celestial, fey, ...")

When I copied and pasted an NPC from the Dragon Hoard supplement, it seemed to parse correctly (green text) but didn't appear in my monsters until I changed "Actions" to "ACTIONS". In case anyone else has this issue...

For some reason, I am not getting Race to work, even cutting and pasting the example from the DD5E User Guide.

Has anyone run into race parsing issues and possibly knows where I might be going wrong with this version?

BTW: When looking at the Configuration setup, the "Ruleset Data Items" do not line up after Parcels. Pregens is listed with the source being races.txt, etc... offset by one from there until tables.ext gets both Story and Tables as the source.

UPDATE: Just noticed that it may actually be the weird ruleset data items glitch that shows up sometimes... I reset everything so that the fields line up correctly (races to races.txt, quests to quests.txt, etc).... and it parses great.

What I am not sure of is how it got the data set and sources messed up to begin with. I'll see if I can't replicate once I get the library built for the gaming we are doing this weekend.

Feats: As I add feats, I've noticed that the last one isn't showing up after compiling. Probably easily solved with a dummy feat at the end (##;zzz) but it seems to hold true for each type of feat I have added (regardless of if they have a list or just are paragraph entries, etc).

Thread Information