FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: NPC Collection

Blog Entries

NPC Collection

would any of the C&C users here see the value in putting together a collection of NPCs for use in your campaigns? anyone who wanted could contribute an NPC. probably only the one person could manage/maintain the module and could release an update every X number of NPCs or once a month.
    this could assist in fleshing out your campaigns.
    i know my players always seem to pay more attention to NPCs with names (not just guard or bartender) - they seem to think if someone has a name they might know or have something interesting
    additionally these npcs could be dragged into your campaign and renamed/modified as required. this would be very simple and quick.

im thinking that this would contain villagers, shopkeepers, artisans, guards, harlots, thieves, nobles, courtiers, adventurers etc...

Blog Entries
    ok kiddies - i have run with the idea in the interim. would appreciate any of you testing it out and providing some feedback.
    At the following page you can add a new NPC or new named (maybe a chieftain or just someone that the characters might interact with) Monster.
    https://www.swordsnsorcery.com/fantasygrounds/
    After adding your NPC(s) you can repackage the MOD file and download it.
    Please note that when updating the MOD on your PC you might have to do the extra steps listed to get FG to pick up the changes...

Blog Entries
    All suggestions/feedback welcome.
    Additional things Im thinking thru:
    1. Forcing you to login to use so that it tracks who added material
    2. Allowing token uploads would be great but I think there is too much chance of copyright infringement occuring
    3. Im having troubles with the Description field - I either break the XML coding or it breaks how it displays in FG - some help here would be great...
    4. Showing/Hiding the NPC/Monster fields depending on which you choose... although you can enter data in both and FG will just show whichever you have the NPC set as at that time...

Quote Originally Posted by damned
    3. Im having troubles with the Description field - I either break the XML coding or it breaks how it displays in FG - some help here would be great...
    The web page is converting the tags in the description into HTML friendly code, which is breaking in FG. For example, "<p>" is getting converted to "&lt;p&gt;" which FG doesn't recognise.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    The web page is converting the tags in the description into HTML friendly code, which is breaking in FG. For example, "<p>" is getting converted to "&lt;p&gt;" which FG doesn't recognise.
    thanks Trenloe - i thought i had fixed the html display thing but obviously not - all working now. thanks for that

Blog Entries
    Have added Token support - can upload a png/jpg/gif of up to 60kb and it will export it in the module. I have emailed Devin Knight and he is ok with using any of his 20 free sets of tokens with this tool/collection.
    One more thing off the list...

Thread Information