STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Ruleset slow

Module activation works fine for me across a number of CoC modules. Do you see this as the Keeper or Player? Which modules does it do this for? How much memory is your FantasyGrounds.exe running at?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Are you running any extensions at all? What version of the Call of Cthulhu and CoreRPG ruleset is reported in the chat window?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Some of the things that seem somewhat wrong to me in CoC are CoreRPG features - like Module Activation. Opening/Activating a module in CoC is so finicky - you click and hold the closed book, wait 1 second, move the mouse to the left, wait till it shadow draws the page and then move further to the left to complete the opening/activation. Doing it in CoreRPG or 5e or CnC and its snappy. Is there anything in a ruleset that would affect a CoreRPG function? These appear to only be in CoreRPG and in file utility_library.xml
    I saw this when I played CoC at the last FGDaze. I was clicking and dragging, and nothing was opening. After a few tries, I was able to open the module with a very deliberate click... and... drag maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    I saw this when I played CoC at the last FGDaze. I was clicking and dragging, and nothing was opening. After a few tries, I was able to open the module with a very deliberate click... and... drag maneuver.
    Can you remember which module it was?
    Was this soon after joining the session, or after a while?
    Do you have the CoC ruleset (and modules) installed on the computer that showed the issue?

Blog Entries
    It does this on my old laptop and on brand new Win10 computer with SSD.

It does this with ALL modules in CoC - even generic modules like the map modules.
    CoC ruleset 3.12
    CoreRPG ruleset 3.12
    With and without extensions loaded

Ive experienced the same when doing remote support for other CoC GMs. Opening the module using remote control software made me feel so uncoordinated. The way leozelig describes it is pretty accurately.

This is as a GM or a player? Both work fine for me.

Is it any different if you double-click on the module thumbnail in module activation rather than opening the book via click-drag?

Blog Entries
    This is as GM.
    Ive always had the problem with this ruleset.
    Double-clicking has no effect on either closed or open books.
    Double-clicking and keeping the mouse over the closed book may result in a ghost (faint outline) book open but will not open the book.

How absolutely insane. FG (specifically the CoC ruleset) lags on my Windows 10 notebook (the machine is only a year old), and runs quite nicely emulated on my Mac.
    (Yes, the Mac is much newer and a LOT more beefy, but it's a work machine)

BoomerET
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Blog Entries
    What specific things lag in CoC for you? I get lag in some areas but not everyone does. Specifically open modules is very finnicky for me.

Just entering text in the name field lags as I type characters. I've tried Savage Worlds and D&D 5E rulesets, and I don't get lag when entering data in either of those.

I'm going to Blame Canada.

BoomerET
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Thread Information