STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 28 First ... 2345614 ... Last

Thread: Effects library

Quote Originally Posted by Callum
    Ah, yes, of course - because none of them are marked as accepting multiple entries. So, if you wanted to specify a bonus type, and that it was for opportunity attacks, but not a range, would you have to put some kind on null entry in-between?
    The items in square brackets [] are optional if opportunity is used, so you could have:
    • AC:2 enhancement ranged opportunity
    • AC:2 enhancement opportunity
    • AC:2 opportunity

The [range] entry is optional and can be either "melee" or "ranged" based off the "rangetypes" entry in data_common.lua:
    Code:
    rangetypes = {
    	"melee",
    	"ranged"
    };
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98
    So, here are all the effects listed in the first post, plus a few other things that I quickly found using the PRD. If any more effects are posted in the first post, I will update the XML to include them.

If any issues come into play, let me know as I have not tested the effects in FG. Just rename the .zip to .mod and drop in your modules folder. Enjoy.
    Hmmm. I get an error when I run this...

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file 3.5/Pathfinder Effects Library: common.xml - Error on line 831: Error reading end tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Booker Grimm
    Hmmm. I get an error when I run this...

Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file 3.5/Pathfinder Effects Library: common.xml - Error on line 831: Error reading end tag.
    Corrected this issue. You'll have to redownload the module.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Seems if the developers could get all the little nuisances of effects sorted then it would go along way to making FGII complete.

Still like to see poisons done. Its a BIG part of 3.5/pathfinder the crop up alot. But the effects just cant handle them the way they are.

(Already put it in the wish list)
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Ok I'm pretty much computer illiterate. When i download the zip file to my desktop. It was a file containing 2 .xml files. I drug the entire file into my modules folder. Nothing happened and no new module once I restarted. So I assume I did something wrong. It wouldn't let me rename the unzipped file or the zipped file to something else. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots
    Ok I'm pretty much computer illiterate. When i download the zip file to my desktop. It was a file containing 2 .xml files. I drug the entire file into my modules folder. Nothing happened and no new module once I restarted. So I assume I did something wrong. It wouldn't let me rename the unzipped file or the zipped file to something else. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.
    Did you change it from .zip to .mod as per the instructions?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots
    You have a pair of options I can think of off the top of my head.

1.) Right click the link to the file and click save as. Instead of Effects.zip save it as Effects.mod. Probably the easiest option.
    2.) Go into the folder with the effects.zip and press Alt+T and click folder options. Click the view tab and then uncheck the box that says "Hide extensions for known file types." Hit apply and then ok. You should then be able to change the .zip to .mod.

Let me know if either of these doesn't work as I will just send you the file via dropbox.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Blog Entries
    Does anyone know how IF: and IFT: effects work?
    I tried testing them out a bit but I got an error so I'm guessing I'm doing it wrong.
    I was wondering if this might be able to be used to do Protection from <Alignment> spells.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    Does anyone know how IF: and IFT: effects work?
    I tried testing them out a bit but I got an error so I'm guessing I'm doing it wrong.
    I was wondering if this might be able to be used to do Protection from <Alignment> spells.
    See this thread from post #4 onwards: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=17412

It doesn't have much use in 3.5E and you won't be able to use it for protection from alignment and such as alignment is not a condition.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I suppose it could be used for some 'fear' effects.. I know that some effects cause increased levels of fear if you are 'shaken' or whatever.
    Hmm.. bummer.
    Would be cool if you could set an effect of 'evil' or something and then 'IF:evil then AC:2;SAVE:2' or something like that.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thread Information