Page 25 of 25 First ... 15232425

Thread: Effects library

Hello!

In the most current game I played a 3.5 Cleric with access tio Divine Power. However, me and my DM were not able how to apply the BAB replacement of this spell through effects.
    Does any of you know a way, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by xBzGrumpyCat View Post
    Hello!

In the most current game I played a 3.5 Cleric with access tio Divine Power. However, me and my DM were not able how to apply the BAB replacement of this spell through effects.
    Does any of you know a way, maybe?
    I am his DM and I just found it out on my own If one is also interested into it:

In 3.5e Divine power puts the Cleric BAB to a BAB equal to the Fighter BAB of the same level. GrumpyCat plays a special cleric (cloistered cleric) and their progression is poor, i.e. BAB = 0.5 * level.

So the effect would be:

ATK: [-HLVL]; ATK: [LVL]

([-HLVL] is rounded down, so that works and that effect has to be used from the PC action tab of course such that correct numbers appear and not just the phrase [LVL] etc.)

There is sadly no way to do this for the middle progression (at least not possible to do it for every level), i.e. for a progression of 0.75 * level (since one can only multiply the PC specific tags with 0.5 or with some natural numbers, but one would need something like [0.25LVL] and so on). So for that case manual manipulation is needed

But maybe someone can also need this effect in some cases

Best, Kelrugem
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 5th, 2019 at 00:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I am his DM and I just found it out on my own If one is also interested into it:

In 3.5e Divine power puts the Cleric BAB to a BAB equal to the Fighter BAB of the same level. GrumpyCat plays a special cleric (cloistered cleric) and their progression is poor, i.e. BAB = 0.5 * level.

So the effect would be:

ATK: [-HLVL]; ATK: [LVL]

([-HLVL] is rounded down, so that works and that effect has to be used from the PC action tab of course such that correct numbers appear and not just the phrase [LVL] etc.)

There is sadly no way to do this for the middle progression (at least not possible to do it for every level), i.e. for a progression of 0.75 * level (since one can only multiply the PC specific tags with 0.5 or with some natural numbers, but one would need something like [0.25LVL] and so on). So for that case manual manipulation is needed

But maybe someone can also need this effect in some cases

Best, Kelrugem
    Just if someone needs that, too: There is a way to code Divine Grace completely.

ATK: [-BAB]; ATK: [LVL]

(applied from the action tab of course)

It is not on the wiki but there is also the PC specific tag/note about the base attack which one gets by [BAB]. I saw this in the code that this possibility also exists, the wiki page is just not complete

Is there a way to ignore concealment? As an example - it's dark - everything has concealment - but darkvision ignores that - I'm wondering if there is a way to ignore the targets concelement on a roll.

Just ignore the "miss" and if the main hit hits, simply roll for damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Ckorik View Post
    Is there a way to ignore concealment? As an example - it's dark - everything has concealment - but darkvision ignores that - I'm wondering if there is a way to ignore the targets concelement on a roll.
    Not on a specific roll. But, you can have your GM turn off the whatever CONC effect is currently in effect for your player and then turn it back on. Otherwise, ignore the auto miss chance roll.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    The Slumbering Tsar: Monday Nights @ 8pm
    Return of the Rune Lords: Wednesday Nights @ 8pm

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Thread Information