Back our Kickstarter Campaign going on Now
Page 25 of 25 First ... 15232425

Thread: Effects library

Hello!

In the most current game I played a 3.5 Cleric with access tio Divine Power. However, me and my DM were not able how to apply the BAB replacement of this spell through effects.
    Does any of you know a way, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by xBzGrumpyCat View Post
    Hello!

In the most current game I played a 3.5 Cleric with access tio Divine Power. However, me and my DM were not able how to apply the BAB replacement of this spell through effects.
    Does any of you know a way, maybe?
    I am his DM and I just found it out on my own If one is also interested into it:

In 3.5e Divine power puts the Cleric BAB to a BAB equal to the Fighter BAB of the same level. GrumpyCat plays a special cleric (cloistered cleric) and their progression is poor, i.e. BAB = 0.5 * level.

So the effect would be:

ATK: [-HLVL]; ATK: [LVL]

([-HLVL] is rounded down, so that works and that effect has to be used from the PC action tab of course such that correct numbers appear and not just the phrase [LVL] etc.)

There is sadly no way to do this for the middle progression (at least not possible to do it for every level), i.e. for a progression of 0.75 * level (since one can only multiply the PC specific tags with 0.5 or with some natural numbers, but one would need something like [0.25LVL] and so on). So for that case manual manipulation is needed

But maybe someone can also need this effect in some cases

Best, Kelrugem
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 5th, 2019 at 00:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I am his DM and I just found it out on my own If one is also interested into it:

In 3.5e Divine power puts the Cleric BAB to a BAB equal to the Fighter BAB of the same level. GrumpyCat plays a special cleric (cloistered cleric) and their progression is poor, i.e. BAB = 0.5 * level.

So the effect would be:

ATK: [-HLVL]; ATK: [LVL]

([-HLVL] is rounded down, so that works and that effect has to be used from the PC action tab of course such that correct numbers appear and not just the phrase [LVL] etc.)

There is sadly no way to do this for the middle progression (at least not possible to do it for every level), i.e. for a progression of 0.75 * level (since one can only multiply the PC specific tags with 0.5 or with some natural numbers, but one would need something like [0.25LVL] and so on). So for that case manual manipulation is needed

But maybe someone can also need this effect in some cases

Best, Kelrugem
    Just if someone needs that, too: There is a way to code Divine Grace completely.

ATK: [-BAB]; ATK: [LVL]

(applied from the action tab of course)

It is not on the wiki but there is also the PC specific tag/note about the base attack which one gets by [BAB]. I saw this in the code that this possibility also exists, the wiki page is just not complete

Thread Information