STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 28 First ... 81617181920 ... Last

Thread: Effects library

Quote Originally Posted by kuthulu View Post
    I have created some custom effects. Will replacing this mod overwrite those?
    Where did you save these custom effects? Did you manually edit the XML of the module?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe, I added them directly to the EFFECTS window. I went into the modules and turned off the EFFECTS mod and my custom effects were still there so I went ahead and replaced the old module with the new version posted and I am now good to go. Thanks guys!

How do I make an effect similar to the fire-shield spell? If they hit the character they take damage.

This can't be handled by an effect. You can add an effect as a reminder note, then add a damage roll to the actions tab of the PC sheet for the player to apply.

Regards,
    JPG

Hmmm. I thought there would be a logic IFT: to handle it. Is there no way to check that an attack hits? IFT: Attack=TRUE DMG 2 acid or something along those lines?

There's no concept of an effect that does something to a combatant who attacks it, whether that is applying damage or applying a counter-effect.

The damage effects that exist are for applying extra damage to a damage roll, or to apply ongoing damage results.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Before rolling damage have the attacker also target themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelonius View Post
    How do I make an effect similar to the fire-shield spell? If they hit the character they take damage.
    As has been mentioned above, this can't be done with an effect.

The Damage "Action" (not "effect") shown by HoloGnome in post #176 above is probably the best way to go. Whenever someone attacks and you can deal the fire damage to them (as per the spell description) then you can target them and roll the damage action against them. You may want to drag this to a hotkey so that you can access it quickly. You'd need to re-drag the damage action to the hotkey each time the caster level goes up, as the hotkey details are hard coded when created and not directly linked to the action itself.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Are we all aware that the ATK effect adds to CMB even though it really shouldn't?
    I was setting up some effects for Wild Shape and I ran into a bit of a problem.
    When my Small Gnome wild shapes into a medium creature... I should apply an effect something like this:

[EFFECT] Medium Wild Shape; STR: 2 size; AC: 2 natural; ATK: -1 size; AC: -1 size; CMD: 1 size; CMB: 1 size

This should net me a +2 Effect Bonus when making a Combat Maneuver.. since my size increase gives me a bonus to CMB attacks instead of the normal penalty for increasing size... The same is also true for CMD the AC penalty to size is erroneously applied to CMD.
    BUT when I make an CMB attack.. the effects roll out like this:
    [CMB] [EFFECTS +1]
    Combat Man. [15] -> [at Gurgleplunk] [DEF EFFECTS +1] [HIT]

The solution is to do this:
    [EFFECT] Medium Wild Shape; STR: 2 size; AC: 2 natural; ATK: -1 size; AC: -1 size; CMD: 2 size; CMB: 2 size

Which is 'wrong' but it works correctly. The STR bonus and ATK penalty cancel out and the net bonus is +2
    [CMB] [EFFECTS +2]
    Combat Man. [24] -> [at Gurgleplunk] [DEF EFFECTS +2] [HIT]

Since SIZE modifiers do something like the opposite of what they are supposed to when it comes to Combat Maneuvers... it's a bit tricky.
    Realistically, size bonuses and penalties to AC and Attack COULD apply to AC and Attack IF they were reversed... this would save some extra effect work. Hmm.. I guess I could code an extension to make this happen.. but it really should be in the base code as it is actually a bug.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thread Information