FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 13 of 28 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last

Thread: Effects library

Was wondering how to go about applying something like Freebooter's Bane from Pathfinder. Party of 6, 3 enemies, but 1 is called out with the Bane. Is there a way to code that? Or does it need to be tracked manually by adding and removing 'ATK: 1; DMG: 1' each time the one target is attacked?
    Those of you who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

FG License: Ultimate
    Server Alias: crazy cave dashing ninja
    TeamSpeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    TeamSpeak Password (case sensitive): Dungeoneers

Blog Entries
    There is a targeting function in the tracker for effects. Target that effect on the bane target and it should only work on them.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

You could add "freebooter-bane" (or similar) to the optional conditions extension, add that condition to the target and then use IFT: freebooter-bane; ATK: 1; DMG: 1 on the PC with the feat/ability. This will apply the ATK: 1; DMG: 1 effects only if the target has the freebooter-bane condition.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks guys! I tried it both ways and it seems to work. As a player without access to the Combat Tracker targeting feature, what I did was:

I built an effect "Freebooter's Bane" that I drop on the enemy. Then I built an effect "IFT: Freebooter's Bane; ATK: 1; DMG: 1" that I drop on myself and allies.

Interestingly, what happens is there is an [Effect +1] showing up in the chat window, but the +1 isn't actually being added to the attack roll. However, with testing what it appears to be doing is lowering the target AC by -1. So same difference.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdisc View Post
    I built an effect "Freebooter's Bane" that I drop on the enemy. Then I built an effect "IFT: Freebooter's Bane; ATK: 1; DMG: 1" that I drop on myself and allies.

Interestingly, what happens is there is an [Effect +1] showing up in the chat window, but the +1 isn't actually being added to the attack roll. However, with testing what it appears to be doing is lowering the target AC by -1. So same difference.
    Hhmmm, I don't think this will actually work as you want. You might find out that what you've done will apply against any target, whether they have the condition or not. You can't create custom conditions without adding them to data_common, otherwise FG won't recognize it as a valid condition. Also, the last time I checked, the condition has to be one word, hence my suggestion of adding freebooters-bane to the custom conditions module.

As you have found out, if you use the IF or IFT conditional modifiers the actual modifier is shown but not added to the roll, but it is taken into account with the result. This is so that if the roll result data in the chat window was dragged to a different target the conditional effect numerical modifier isn't automatically added to the roll result.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, upon further testing, I see that it is translating over regardless of target. Hmm. I'm not sure how to add conditions to the extension, so either I need a lesson in that or I'll just have to make sure to ask the GM to target the effects for me.

Blog Entries
    Sometime going old school and just using a modifier is the easiest way...

...or that.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdisc View Post
    I'm not sure how to add conditions to the extension, so either I need a lesson in that or I'll just have to make sure to ask the GM to target the effects for me.
    You could use a condition from the pre-configured ones in the extension - like hunters-mark or one of the custom one: custom-1.

Or, you could edit it. This one is really pretty simple - scripts\optional_conditions.lua has a list of new_conditions, just add your new ones. Post #2 in the alignment conditions thread describes the theory: http://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...tion-extension
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 22nd, 2015 at 15:33.

Came to this thread looking for a way to create an effect to modify Concentration rolls, but noticed a post from 2013 that states there isn't one. Is this still the case?
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

Thread Information