FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... Last

Thread: Effects library

Effects library

Has anyone built up an effects library for all the spells for 35e?
    Something that I could cut and paste into the effects window rather than having to work them out.
    So things like prayer, bless, haste etc.

Below is a WIP list of the effects you can paste in. Many thanks to Callum for the list.

Barbarian's Rage; STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 will,morale; AC: -2
    Greater Rage; STR: 6; CON: 6; SAVE: 3 will,morale; AC: -2
    Mighty Rage; STR: 8; CON: 8; SAVE: 4 will,morale; AC: -2
    Inspire Courage; ATK: 1 morale; DMG: 1 morale
    Inspiring Word
    Resistant Touch
    Aura of Protection
    Charge; AC: -1 - there is also a +2 bonus to a single attack
    Fight Defensively; ATK: -4; AC: 2 dodge
    Total Defense; AC: 4 dodge
    Aid; ATK: 1 morale
    Barkskin; AC: 2 natural armor
    Bear's Endurance; CON: 4 enhancement
    Bless; ATK: 1 morale
    Bull's Strength; STR: 4 enhancement
    Cat's Grace; DEX: 4 enhancement
    Divine Favor; ATK: 1 luck; DMG: 1 luck
    Divine Power; STR: 6 enhancement
    Eagle's Splendor; CHA: 4 enhancement
    Enlarge Person; STR: 2 size; DEX: -2 size; ATK: -1; AC: -1
    Fox's Cunning; INT: 4 enhancement
    Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge,reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement
    Heroes' Feast; IMMUNE: poison; ATK: 1 morale; SAVE: 1 morale,will
    Heroism; ATK: 2 morale; SAVE: 2 morale; SKILL: 2 morale
    Heroism, Greater; ATK: 4 morale; SAVE: 4 morale; SKILL: 4 morale
    Holy Aura; AC: 4 deflection; SAVE: 4 resistance
    Invisibility - this is already built in to FG
    Mage Armor; AC: 4 armor
    Magic Fang; ATK: 1 enhancement; DMG: 1 enhancement
    Magic Fang, Greater; ATK: 1 enhancement; DMG: 1 enhancement
    Magic Vestment; AC: 1 enhancement
    Magic Weapon; ATK: 1 enhancement; DMG: 1 enhancement
    Magic Weapon, Greater; ATK: 1 enhancement; DMG: 1 enhancement
    Owl's Wisdom; WIS: 4 enhancement
    Prayer (allies); ATK: 1 luck; DMG: 1 luck; SAVE: 1 luck; SKILL: 1 luck
    Prayer (foes); ATK: -1; DMG: -1; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1
    Protection from Evil; AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance - but note that the bonuses only apply against evil creatures
    Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 will,morale; AC: -2
    Reduce Person; STR: -2 size; DEX: 2 size; ATK: 1; AC: 1
    Resistance; SAVE: 1 resistance
    Righteous Might; STR: 4 size; CON: 2 size; AC: 2 natural armor; DR: 3 evil; AC: -1; ATK: -1
    Shield; AC: 4 shield
    Shield of Faith; AC: 2 deflection
    Shield Other; AC: 1 deflection; SAVE: 1 resistance
    Transformation; STR: 4 enhancement; DEX: 4 enhancement; CON: 4 enhancement; AC: 4 natural armor; SAVE: 5 competence fortitude
    Unholy Aura; AC: 4 deflection; SAVE: 4 resistance
    Mutagen
    Banner
    Lion's Call
    Ward

Most of the others are Pathfinder-specific effects, I believe. Things to note:-

All the effects I've detailed are from the 3.5 rules - I haven't checked for differences in the Pathfinder rules.
    Many of these have additional effects that can't be represented in the FG effects system (or apply only in certain situations, such as the SR from holy aura).
    Many have effects that scale with level - in which case, I've put the minimum effect in the list.
    The durations are not included here, but would be in an effect in FG.
    Temporary hit points (such as those from aid or heroes' feast) can be added in a spell in FG.
    Last edited by graphil; September 6th, 2014 at 07:49.
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

No, although I have wondered about it. The reason I didn't was that having to cut-and-paste the effects seemed a bit crude. Instead, I asked JPG if effects could be added into spells, here. If this functionality was added, we could then start building up an enhanced spells module with the effects already built in!

In the meantime, I'd be happy to contribute the effects I've created to a community resource, if anyone wanted to set one up.

How about paste them here and I will start compiling any into the top post so they are all together?
    Graphil

This is a good idea.

One step further - how about compiling them into a module so that they can be available in the "Effects" list window within the FG campaign? The list can be searched for text and the effects can be entered in the form <Name>; <usual effect list> to allow ordering and searching on the condition/effect needed.

The example condition.mod available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...96&postcount=5 was created as GM only (the data XML file within is db.xml) but if the module created has this file as common.xml and the GM lets the players have access through "module activation" in the campaign then everyone will be able to see the effects in the effects list window.

To create this module it will require a bit of XML editing as effects aren't covered by the usual /export command. But, I think it would be worth the effort to do this so that it can be a reusable reference effects module available to GMs and Players.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I wouldn't mind helping build a module, I would just need to understand the syntax on correctly formatting the effect. After that, it would be easy.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98
    I wouldn't mind helping build a module, I would just need to understand the syntax on correctly formatting the effect. After that, it would be easy.
    The actual effect syntax is the same as usual, for example:
    • Bless; ATK:1 morale
    • Prayer (allies); ATK:1 luck;DMG:1 luck; SAVE:1 luck; SKILL:1 luck
    • Prayer (foes); ATK:-1 luck;DMG:-1 luck; SAVE:-1 luck; SKILL:-1 luck

Within the actual .mod (see the conditions.mod file linked above for an example):
    Code:
    <root version="2.8" release="8">
    	<effects>
    		<id-00060>
    			<adjustment type="number">0</adjustment>
    			<duration type="number">0</duration>
    			<isgmonly type="number">0</isgmonly>
    			<label type="string">Pinned</label>
    		</id-00060>
    		<id-00061>
    			<label type="string">Paralyzed</label>
    		</id-00061>
    Just make a new <id-xxxxx> entries for each effect and put the effect string in the <label> entry, for example:
    Code:
    <root version="2.8" release="8">
    	<effects>
    		<id-00001>
    			<label type="string">Prayer (allies); ATK:1 luck;DMG:1 luck; SAVE:1 luck; SKILL:1 luck</label>
    		</id-00001>
    		<id-00002>
    			<label type="string">Prayer (foes); ATK:-1 luck;DMG:-1 luck; SAVE:-1 luck; SKILL:-1 luck</label>
    		</id-00002>
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well.. I haven't really played around much with effects, so I don't have much experience with the correct syntax. As of right now, I have all the condition examples in the library converted. It would just be everything else that would need to be added with the correct syntax.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    To create this module it will require a bit of XML editing as effects aren't covered by the usual /export command. But, I think it would be worth the effort to do this so that it can be a reusable reference effects module available to GMs and Players.
    This is an understatement.. Considering the amount of effects that could be made, this module will end up being extremely large. It would also have to encompass anything released by Paizo that could be an effect. Just going through the spell lists and finding those will be a pain then take into account multiple levels of enhancements.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

What would haste be? I presume it won't be able to do the extra attack.
    Graphil

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98
    This is an understatement.. Considering the amount of effects that could be made, this module will end up being extremely large. It would also have to encompass anything released by Paizo that could be an effect. Just going through the spell lists and finding those will be a pain then take into account multiple levels of enhancements.
    I wasn't suggesting that every possible spell be covered in a module - I was more replying to graphil's post about copy/pasting a compilation into the original post, suggesting that rather than doing that (or in addition to that) to put them in a module for direct use in FG.

Also, there is some spell effect parsing already in Fantasy Grounds - when a spell is drag-dropped onto the spell class. It doesn't recognise all effects and is certainly not infallible, but it does do a good job for a number of spells...

Thread Information