FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 27 of 28 First ... 1725262728 Last

Thread: Effects library

My effect library (will update if I/my player's create somehting new)
    Kelrugem's effects are needed for some effects. I've tested all effects but there still might be errors, so please report any errors

Inspire Courage: Inspire Courage; ATK: 1 morale; DMG: 1 morale; IFTAG: charm, fear; SAVE: 1 morale
    Elven Immunities: Elven Immunites; IFTAG: spell, spelllike, sleep; SIMMUNE; IFTAG: enchantment; SAVE: 2 racial
    Student of Nature: Student of Nature; IF: TYPE(plant); SAVE: 2, fortitude
    Defensive Training: Defensive Training; IF: TYPE(giant); AC: 4 dodge
    Hardy: Hardy; IFTAG: poison; SAVE: 2 racial
    Magic Resistance: Magic Resistance; IFTAG: spell, spelllike; SAVE: 2 racial

Is there a list of all the possible tags in FGU? This is where I hit a roadblock now. I can build the effect, but knowing what to tag it is where I hit a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtPrylo View Post
    Is there a list of all the possible tags in FGU? This is where I hit a roadblock now. I can build the effect, but knowing what to tag it is where I hit a wall.
    Most core things are here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects

For more advanced stuff see the first two extensions from Kelrugem: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...m-s-extensions

With the latter you can set (custom) tags for every cast action a PC or NPC performs. If you have a question for a specific tag/effect just ask

Thanks! That is helpful to a point. The large red banner says these are not currently compatible, so I 'll just read.

I read these wikis and pdf cheat sheets and I can follow them about 75%. What would be exceptionally useful (and hopefully not just for me), would a 'cheat sheet' with examples. Some things are pretty easy: Divine Favor; ATK:1; DMG: 1. Others not so much, especially when you have to code an IFTYPE or some other conditional modifier.

What I was really asking is for a list of the tags: deflection, magic, fire, resistance, etc. If it was in there somewhere, I missed it. If it matches the tags in the rules, I'm going to feel awfully silly.

Thanks! That is helpful to a point. The large red banner says these are not currently compatible, so I 'll just read.

I read these wikis and pdf cheat sheets and I can follow them about 75%. What would be exceptionally useful (and hopefully not just for me), would a 'cheat sheet' with examples. Some things are pretty easy: Divine Favor; ATK:1; DMG: 1. Others not so much, especially when you have to code an IFTYPE or some other conditional modifier.

What I was really asking is for a list of the tags: deflection, magic, fire, resistance, etc. If it was in there somewhere, I missed it. If it matches the tags in the rules, I'm going to feel awfully silly.
    This is in the wiki:

[bonus] = alchemical, armor, circumstance, competence, deflection, dodge, enhancement, insight, luck, morale, natural, profane, racial, resistance, sacred, shield, size
    [range] = melee, ranged
    [damage type] = acid, cold, electricity, fire, sonic, force, negative, positive, adamantine, bludgeoning, cold iron, epic, magic, piercing, silver, slashing, chaotic, evil, good, lawful, nonlethal, spell
    [ability name] = strength, constitution, dexterity, intelligence, wisdom, charisma
    [skill name] = any skill name

[alignment] = LG, LN, LE, NG, NE, CG, CN, CE, lawful, lawful good, lawful neutral, lawful evil, neutral good, neutral evil, chaotic, chaotic good, chaotic neutral, chaotic evil, good, evil
    [size] = F, D, T, S, M, L, H, G, C, fine, diminutive, tiny, small, medium, large, huge, gargantuan, colossal
    [creature type] = aberration, animal, construct, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, ooze, outsider, plant, undead, vermin, air, angel, aquatic, archon, augmented, chaotic, cold, demon, devil, earth, evil, extraplanar, fire, good, incorporeal, lawful, living construct, native, psionic, shapechanger, swarm, water, dwarf, elf, gnoll, gnome, goblinoid, halfling, human, orc, reptilian
    * = Multiple entries of this descriptor type allowed.

Need anyhting else or more?
    I have an extra campaign just for tesing out various stuff, escpecially the more interesting/difficult stuff...

Thanks a ton, going back to the wiki to see how I missed this.
    Next issue: Healing Surge for a kineticist. Half the total of their blast ability. I have everything setup to calculate the blast total(which equals the heal total), but how to half that number?

I don't think you can do arithmetical calculations; aren't healing surges 4e? Could you provide a screenshot of what you got in FG? That might help me and others.

Healing Surge is specific to the Kinetic Healer archetype for the Kineticist. I added "Healing Surge" as a spell on the Action Tab. I added a Heal to the spell. FGU calculates the healed hp.(which is 1d6 / odd CL +Con bonus +half level), so he has 2d6+6 right now at 4th level.
    I've tried a couple of different things:
    1: add 0.5 multiplier where FGU calculates the hp healed. Didn't work.
    2: add an effect that uses some form of HEAL or H[HEAL]. Also did not work.

I'm at work so I can't send a screen shot right now.

Is there a way to add an effect that requires a dice roll as opposed to a hard number?

Healing Surge is specific to the Kinetic Healer archetype for the Kineticist. I added "Healing Surge" as a spell on the Action Tab. I added a Heal to the spell. FGU calculates the healed hp.(which is 1d6 / odd CL +Con bonus +half level), so he has 2d6+6 right now at 4th level.
    I've tried a couple of different things:
    1: add 0.5 multiplier where FGU calculates the hp healed. Didn't work.
    2: add an effect that uses some form of HEAL or H[HEAL]. Also did not work.

I'm at work so I can't send a screen shot right now.
    The static mod in the Heal "formula" allows a 0.5 as multiplier, then choose CL, but then you need to manually insert the CON number; the formulas do sadly not allow more than one variable as for the second summand there.

Or is it about halving the total? You could roll without target, then right-click on the roll in the chat, select "1/2" and then drag&drop the number onto the target (map or CT or wound field even)

Quote Originally Posted by JMPerlin View Post
    Is there a way to add an effect that requires a dice roll as opposed to a hard number?
    Not sure if I understand you correctly, but certain effects allow adding a dice which is rolled every time the effect gets activated If you just want that it rolls only once when the effect is applied, then this is not supported without extensions

Thread Information