STAR TREK 2d20
Page 12 of 28 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last

Thread: Effects library

Quote Originally Posted by Trueshots View Post
    JerryRig, sorry I edited, messed it up first time left off the type of damage
    You don't *have* to include a damage type. And, as an FYI, bleed isn't a valid damage type in the 3.5E/PF ruleset (see the discussion on this in the previous page of this thread). You can still include it for information, but FG won't doing anything with it. Otherwise, the DMGO examples are correct for using dice with the DMGO effect.

JerryRig - DMGO is just for hit point damage, there is no ongoing ability damage effect.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Otherwise, the DMGO examples are correct for using dice with the DMGO effect.

JerryRig - DMGO is just for hit point damage, there is no ongoing ability damage effect.
    Yea, thats how I wrote it the first time and when back and changed it, just because for me when it shows up in chat window then you know whats actually happening.

TYVM for quick reply

Ultimate License Owner
    Member: THAC0 group

Here's an updated version of the Effects module, adjusted for the new syntax requiring a comma between descriptors, and incorporating various corrections and improvements.

Callum, what would prevent me from being able to use the Effects module? I have it loaded up and activated inside the Library modules, however, it does not appear in the list when just viewing Library.
    My understanding is this module was an easy access drag drop list that allowed players to apply effects as well for spells, special actions/conditions, etc.
    I just started DM'ng a few weeks ago and will agree that effects have been the biggest headache thus far. If I could get this to work I would be grateful.
    I am running the most current version of FG and the effects.mod.
    Or does this Mod simply allow the players to access the "effects" tab and apply effects to themselves?

They're effects; you see them in the effects window.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I did have the ongoing ability damage working using DMGO: 3 strength

problem was it was stuck with all the other errors since the last update in order to run it. If you turn those add-ons off then it will only do HP damage but your free of the errors. What i was hoping for was the fix for the ability part ...its so handy to use with poisons and diseased players.

Ultimate License Owner
    Member: THAC0 group

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRig View Post
    I did have the ongoing ability damage working using DMGO: 3 strength

problem was it was stuck with all the other errors since the last update in order to run it. If you turn those add-ons off then it will only do HP damage but your free of the errors. What i was hoping for was the fix for the ability part ...its so handy to use with poisons and diseased players.
    I was referring to the non-extension functionality of this ruleset only supporting HP damage in the DMGO effect. As I've mentioned before, the extensions you're trying to use are incompatible (from quite a few FG versions ago). Hence why you're seeing some functionality work, but lots of errors as well and broken functionality in other places - as the extensions you're trying to use have effect code from FG 3.0.3.

If you want someone to do some custom development around this for you then I recommend you start a new thread asking someone to do this work - it'll get more visibility than it will here. But be aware that this route can be a nightmare to keep up-to-date with new FG releases - which is one of the reasons why the original extension developer stopped supporting it.

Hi all,

Is there a way to add an effect for Flaming Burst & similar enchancements? I.e. it only adds the extra dice on critical damage rolls?
    Ultimate License
    FG Server: brawny ogre firm gate

Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Teamspeak Password: Dungeoneers

Discord: Lord Kavos (UTC+10)#6088

Thread Information