FG Spreadshirt Swag

Gold-Weight-Count in PFS

Does the weight of gold count towards encumbrance in PFS? Also can you "bank" items that you know you won't be using before a mission, to make sure you stay under the encumbrance cap? Thanks
    Last edited by Trueshots; January 9th, 2013 at 14:38.

I think it is assumed that characters have somewhere to store items they dont take with them on a scenario. I havent got a problem with this anyway
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Blog Entries
    Gold and your starting outfit have no weight in PFS. (also that starting outfit is 'free')
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

There's not an official rule regarding the weight of gold, but it is definitely an unwritten rule with most GMs about it not counting towards encumbrance.

Also, there is no rule regarding storing equipment - although the PFS developer Mark Moreland makes a brief comment in this thread: https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2n092&p...er-have-a-home

Basically saying that you can have a home/place to store equipment as long as there is no mechanical benefit - i.e. getting a bonus or other tangible benefit game time. Mechanical benefits are provided by boons or by spending PP on vanities found in the Pathfinder Society Field Guide.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm sure that the Grand Lodge would be happy to hold any items thier pathfinders find too encumbering during a mission. As well there would undoubtly be some kind of banking system, where you have access to your wealth without having to carry it. High tier scenario rewards (>4,000 gp) would be much too bulky to carry around Absalom. Besides, who wants to have that target painted on them.

Personally, with regard to gear I just outfit my characters such that they have a convient way to unburden themselves in an emergency (backpack dropped to the ground).

My two cents anyway.

Thread Information