FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: That Funky Font

That Funky Font

Has anyone got a link to the font that is used in the docking bar on the right? If you can Provide a link it would be much appreciated. If it's a copywrit font then is there a font similar to this?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Do you mean the Adventure Font? (also called Fedora)?
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I think I ended up trying a few fonts out to recreate both the sidebar buttons (small brown buttons) and menu controls (bigger card picture ones).

Fedora is the font used for the Savage Worlds Explorer Edition book, and is used throughout the ruleset for headers. It didn't seem an exact fit for the new graphics (buttons or menu docks) though.

I picked up a $3 font to help get close to the old style (you'll see a slight difference if you look closely) in the end. Haven't got a copy of it in front of me, but can look that up.

I've also got some photoshop files I use for both buttons and menu docks. I'm less happy with the buttons (see the new chase button on SWD - it's clearly slightly "off") so was thinking of rewriting all the buttons using a SWD font (Decubra and Centenbel, from memory, are the two fonts in the new rulebook).
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

If you do change the font, could you please post it. Just for uniformity for extension writers. I've got the card deck up and running with the 9 of spades (now all we need is a fourth for euchre). I just wanted to make the docked cards "uniform in appearance."

Thanks for the info though.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

I'd also like to know if the playing card backgrounds are available. I mean aside from the ones in the ruleset. A blank card background to work from. I've currently been using a photochopped version of the "Notes" but I'm sure they were produced much larger and shrunk.

Once again any help would be appreciated.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Alas, I'm not the original author of Savage Worlds, so my starting point for ruleset development was to take a copy of the ruleset and build off it (just as your doing).

I spent a few hours "blanking out" old graphics to reuse them - it's those I have on photoshop. Happy to share those files (I'll dig them up at home).

If I start introducing new graphics stuff, I'll try and provide an "extension writers" pack to help people out, but admittedly most thing now are cobbled together as one-offs and sometimes involves commercial fonts (which are trickier for sharing).
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thanks. That would be much appreciated.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

I created my own version of the blank cards...
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Cool. I like the "ability" to customize the interface but have been reluctant too, because the Savage Worlds ruleset seem so "iconic." Never having been a player, I really don't know what shows up on their screen or mine, except by the "if isHost..." routines.

Forgive my ignorance, but if you alter the cards from the host, does it carry over on to the players' desktops? I have a about a month & a half's worth of weekends GMing under my belt, most of that is using the BRP rules. Tweaking the rules I've got a lot more experience (and thanks to certain people, too - that and the BRP set usually *has* to be tweaked to get what you want from it).

But now's the time to "Get Savage" (tm)! I've owned the game since it first came out, , got the original, explorers and deluxe versions, a slew of supplements and have decided to play it (almost) exclusively.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

There are instructions for creating your own cards for the adventure deck with the adventure deck module, basically you can make whole decks of new cards.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Thread Information