5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Adding Tokens to an Existing Module

I've parsed all the Monster Manuals for 4E and I'd like to gradually add tokens to the monsters.

Whaaaaaat is the easiest way to do this? I'm looking for a solution that will let me add tokens gradually over the course of days and weeks. My thinking is that eventually I'll have every monster I'll ever need tokenized and never have to worry about it again.

When you parsed the monsters the parser made links to tokens for every monster. It does this whether you have tokens or not. Thus, simplest way to add them is to match the names the parser used in the already made links.

The parser assumes you have a nested folders inside the module that hold the tokens so you will need to unzip the module then add a tokens folder with a "name of the module" folder inside it and in that folder you add png tokens with the same name as the monster.

For example in my MM2 the first monster is a Duergar Guard. The token link looks like this:
    Code:
    <token type="token">tokens/4E Monster Manual 2/duergar guard.png@4E Monster Manual 2</token>
    To add a token for this monster you would first create a tokens folder and inside that folder a 4E Monster Manual 2 folder and inside that folder put a token named duergar guard.png. Note: the names are all case sensitive so you have to match them *exactly.*

Once you added the monster token you would then zip the module back up and the token would then appear. Be careful on the file size of your tokens. Each monster manual has several hundred monsters and depending on your OS each app can only have a limited amount of RAM. It was common when the parser first came out for people to make modules so large that after opening a few of them FG ran out of memory. A large part of that problem was with the amount and file size of images in modules.

Seems easy enough. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Thread Information