DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    It's something that has come up a few times, so I've definitely thought about it.

One of the challenges lately with all the new features is interface overload and confusion. So, I've been holding off a bit to see if I get any brainstorms on refining the interface. Also, it would need to be a slightly different window, since the GM side contains encounters which do not need to be shared. I'll think about for v2.9.3.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    The bit I added was only really one line of code ... but to add the other parts (like edit options like in items) is probably a bit more.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Blog Entries
    Anyone know why I'm getting duplicate icons with the extension now?
    I don't think I changed anything... I just made it a .ext file and changed the name so it didn't have a slash in it.

Where are you seeing the double icons? In the NPC list on the player side?

I can only see one when I use this.

Make sure you don't have any older extensions or an extension directory relating to this in the \extensions directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blackfoot, I've encountered that issue before when using the desktop.lua file in an extension. I think it has to do with how the sidebar buttons are registered and loaded. It doesn't happen all the time so it can be tricky tracking down. Basically I think that the buttons from the ruleset haven't finished loading when the extension says to create the same ones. Since the buttons aren't already there it thinks it is ok to add them resulting in duplicates. I changed the extension you created to only include the NPC button for PCs. It is attached. Please let me know if it doesn't resolve the issue for you.

Blog Entries
    Trenloe - yeah... it's on the Client side only... this is a client only feature really since all it does is add on the NPC button on the Client Desktop.

Dakadin - That seems to have fixed it... it moves the box to the 'wrong' place in the order.. but I guess that's not that big a deal... I wonder why this only does this in some situations. I've done something like this before and it didn't break things.

so if i get this extension added onto my FG2 will it work if i join another game secession or does the GM of that game have to have the extension as well

or vise verse if the gm has it does all the players have it?

Quote Originally Posted by 3nvy
    so if i get this extension added onto my FG2 will it work if i join another game secession or does the GM of that game have to have the extension as well

or vise verse if the gm has it does all the players have it?
    All extensions and modules are controlled from the GM side. The GM will have to have the extension installed (players don't have to install it) and they will have to load the extension with the campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    All extensions and modules are controlled from the GM side. The GM will have to have the extension installed (players don't have to install it) and they will have to load the extension with the campaign.
    Awesome Info thankyou =D

Will this extension work for 4e also?
    FG2 Ultimate License Holder

Dark Sun #1 Campaign Setting of All Time!

2nd Edition D&D Player and DM since 1994, now running a 4e Dark Sun campaign using FG2

Thread Information