5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Tokens

Tokens

I was wondering if there was a certain way to organize tokens in a campaign? I have a huge amount of tokens (north of 1000), and currently they're all out on the main token page, not organized at all. I was looking on the site but I couldn't find anything on how one would go about organizing tokens short of creating token bags in fantasy grounds and dragging and dropping..

So what I'm asking is

1) Is there a way to organize tokens in bags outside of Fantasy Grounds?
    2) If there is, how would I go about doing it?

Yes there is.
    Just create folders and drag the tokens into them.
    I have folders for Cops, Civilians, Punks, Thugs, etc.... (I run modern games).

Quote Originally Posted by unerwünscht
    Yes there is.
    Just create folders and drag the tokens into them.
    I have folders for Cops, Civilians, Punks, Thugs, etc.... (I run modern games).

So you're saying create a folder in the "Tokens" directory and place the ones I want in them>

Yes, however specifically put the new folders inside your token\shared or token\host folder - most likely your host folder if you don't want players to see them. IE Inside my Host folder I have 6 folders: Generic Monsters, Monsters, NPCs, Pirates, Supers, Walls and 3 tokens chest.png, hand.png, skull.png.

Inside the Generic Monster folder I have a Beads folder and 23 monster tokens of various sizes and colors that I use if I don't actually have a token of a monster or creature.

In answer to your question to how you might organize large amounts of tokens, in my main monster folder for 4E I have sub folders A-Z with some letters combined and some subfolders inside the letter folders that group monsters I have a lot of tokens for that start with that letter, ie In the G folder, I have a Ghoul, Githyanki, Githzerai, Gnolls, Gnomes, Goblins, ect folders. I keep the 17 different goblin tokens in the goblin folder and so on.
    Last edited by Griogre; December 10th, 2012 at 19:52.

Thread Information