Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Release v2.9.2

Release v2.9.2

Fantasy Grounds v2.9.2 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

The primary changes are:
    • [4E/3.5E] Token options for name, health and effect display.
    • [4E/3.5E] Support for portrait packs and portrait directories.
    • Support for per user UI scaling in Settings.
    • Speed improvements.
    • Bug fixes and more...

A comprehensive list of patch notes is available.

Cheers,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; December 8th, 2012 at 01:30.

WINE performance

I don't know what you guys did for 'performance improvements', but the masking/unmasking of images/maps is WAY faster now when running under wine!

My group appears to be having problems after the new update with dicerolls.

After installing the update dicerolls often do not appear requiring repeated rolls until they show up in the chat.

Blog Entries
    hi Ramid - i cant help you with that but you will make the process quicker if youa lso post info about your environment and game. eg: operating system, 32/64, rule-set, any extensions and any other info you can think of that might be relevant to your setup...

2.9.2 is Freakin' Awesome

Wow, just wow.

My entire group's collective jaw hit the floor when we saw those markers hit the tokens in combat.

Seems like a small thing, but I'd say it cut combat time by 20% b/c there was no cross-talk about which creatures had which buffs or debuffs.

Fantastic work, SmiteWorks! I swear, if those R&D hacks at Hasbro had even an inkling of a clue, they'd buy you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Olodrin
    I swear, if those R&D hacks at Hasbro had even an inkling of a clue, they'd buy you guys.
    Please don't wish this on us. We like software that works that won't end up being locked into Wizard's of the Coast's version of D&D (or get put on the shelf, or discontinued for the next "big" idea on how to make money while angering their existing customer base).

Crossing my fingers that Fantasy Grounds will never be tainted by Hasbro.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olodrin
    ...if those R&D hacks at Hasbro had even an inkling of a clue, they'd buy you guys.
    A pox on this idea.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

The Wizards who shall not be named

*Removes Ring of Power*

Sorry folks, didn't mean to draw the Eye to us.

When my group saw the VTT that WotC was putting together, we all just laughed out loud.

We are so thankful that the people at SmiteWorks are talented, diligent and always on the path of continuous improvement. Because of this tool, I have been able to game with globally dispersed friends for almost 5 years now.

Best ~$30 I've ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramid
    My group appears to be having problems after the new update with dicerolls.

After installing the update dicerolls often do not appear requiring repeated rolls until they show up in the chat.
    Our group is having exactly the same problem. Running the latest Call of Cthulhu extension.

The issue seems to be related to the fact that rolling dice in the chat box no longer keeps them inside the chatbox - they roll outside it and then don't appear.

Using Win7 64 bit, but my players are using a mix of windows systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Merecraft
    The issue seems to be related to the fact that rolling dice in the chat box no longer keeps them inside the chatbox - they roll outside it and then don't appear.
    If they roll outside the chat box then they are not proper rolls and don't register.

How are you rolling? Picking up the dice and "throwing" them into the chat box or double-clicking on your character sheet?

If you are picking them up and throwing them, you need to make sure you hit the "hot spot" within the chat box - this is towards the top of the box. If the dice roll stays within the chat box you've hit it - if it rolls outside, you were probably letting go too early.

This hot-spot was changed in a recent release (but before 2.9.2) as people with different sized chat boxes were seeing different roll results (as the dice roll physical dynamics actually determines the result, not some random number generator), so if the size of the chat box was different, people would see different rolls - thus the size of the chat box dice rolling hot-spot has been reduced to be the same for all sizes of chat box.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information