STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 22 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    I believe you take the child node of what you want to sort, put it in a table and apply the table.sort operator on it. Kinda off topic though....
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Quote Originally Posted by meathome
    How can I modify the order my custom groups are displayed in? It seems kin of random atm. Its not related to the groups id in the db nor tho the name. What does determine the order? I'd have no problem editing the db manually, I just don't know how to force a certain display order.
    I quess you're refering to power list sorting? -- You're correct that it seems to be random atm, and yes it's you just made me realize that I forgot the add "sort by name" step there I will be adding it. But yeah, it will be sorted by predefined rules and you cannot affect it yourself. Gear list will be sorted by the group's name (with special rule where unavailable groups are always on bottom). In powers the sorting has three steps: First based on the mysterious "level" field which is set automatically (to make sure the order is Novice-Seasoned-Veteran etc... then your custom groups), then they are sub-sorted by name (not implemented yet), and then make sure that unavailable groups are the last.

Quote Originally Posted by meathome
    Also it would be nice to have the option to create power lists and gear lists in a custom book and to be able to somehow copy entries from one place to the other (like from the normal book to the custom book, or from category to category) But this can be done by copy pasting xml for now.
    These are planned as well. I have already implemented the "add gears to your custom book", and will implement the "power adding" soon. Copying is also planned and there is actually one special proof of concept that it's possible in the current implementation (but it's far from being complete). You can try out to open any existing module, for example SW Deluxe Player guide and drag the "Skill List" from there and drop it on your custom book on the left side. Magic. But like I said it's far from being finished.

But just remember, if you happen to copy anything from commercial product into your custom book, you cannot share it with others anymore! Its only for your personal use thereafter.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

In progress version of SWFI v0.68

Here's the first still under development version of SWFI v0.68 (including new version of sample Lorem Ipsum module). Thus far I have added support to create power- and gearlists to own created books. In addition thanks to meathome's question about sorting I decided to add small feature where host can affect on how lists are sorted. Currently there are three options: Sort by default (which uses the current predefined logic), sort by name (which will sort all entries by their name), sort by node (which will sort entries by their databasenode name). One major issue currently is that Gear and powerlists are _not_ compatible with SW ruleset without using this extension, since the datastructure is different from other lists. Note sure if it would be easy to make those compatible and I won't be focusing much on it, instead I am planning to extract all the module builder and library customization features into own extension since they cover one big but still separated set of features compared to original SWFI's idea. When? No idea at this moment.

EDIT: attachments removed
    Last edited by Ikael; January 29th, 2013 at 21:04.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Here's the second development version of SWFI v0.68, which is still under development. I believe I have found a way to make custom created, and exported Gear entries compatible with SW ruleset without using the SWFI extension. Next I am giving small check if doing the same for powers would be "that" easy.

EDIT: Attachments removed
    Last edited by Ikael; January 29th, 2013 at 21:05.

While v0.68 is still under development I have been thinking of next version's scope and it will be the inventory. I had small PM exchange with phantomwhale and since inventory is not yet scoped into core SW updates I am glad to give it some love.

Here I have listed some improvement ideas regarding inventory and I would love to have some comments/feedback regarding these. And of course, additional ideas are always welcome!!

Base improvement ideas:
    • Each item has referencewindow which would open the given item description if it exists
    • Items can be dragged-and-dropped into inventory list, and their data will be automatically populated according to dragdata
    • Each item should have COUNT how many of such items there is, this will affect total weight
    • Improvements for item's location: Items that has location of another item's name will be arranged below the "container item". For exmple if you have Backbag, Rope and Nails, you can define Rope's and Nail's location as Backbag and they will be rendered below the backbag item.
    • Carried weight, weight limit and encumbrance should be displayed differently, so that people can more easily see how much a person can carry and what penalties will be applied in each case

Nice to have, but not compulsory, however doable improvements:
    • Exchange/Give items between players: Players should be able to give away item from their inventory to other players. This can be done by dragging an item from their inventory and dropping it to another player's portrait. This will remove the item from source player and add it to target player's inventory.
    • Shop tool: A new tool where any player/GM can drag-and-drop items and it will count the total weight and cost for them. Thereafter player could drag-and-drop the shopping cart's content into inventory with single dragging action and it would add all items in the cart to the list.
    • Weapon/Armor tabsheet refactoring: I am also thinking that maybe main tab's weapons and armor listing are in wrong place. I understand that there is reason for them being there, but here is improvmenet that I have been thinking: Inventory tab would be refactored to have tabsheet of Gear, Weapons, Armors. The Gear is the regular inventory list you have seen so far, and weapons and armor are the same list as in main tab, but with a twist. Main tab would be update to have following tabsheet: Attacks and Powers. Now the difference between weapons tab and Attacks tab is that weapons tab only contains gear weapons and they are displayed in attacks normally, but the Attacks list can also contain some additional entries, such as natural attacks and other maneuvers (they are not gear, they are skills and maneuvers). I don't know why Armor listing is in the maintab anyways, it's effect is anyways recorded into toughness box.

Ok, start shooting comments and feedbacks!

These would.be an amazing improvement. Don't forget the minor afk bug! The inventory would be fantastic and much needed addition to the game. Also the re-jig would be good. Don't forget that armor and weapons on the tabs are factored into the encumbrance. what would be good is that it would calculate the penalties for any
    encumbrance and your load limits automatically for you. But that's me being lazy :P

Keep up the great work ikael!
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    Age of Rebellion & Edge of Empire
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Purchase GMD CORE RPG Here:
    https://www.gmdonline.co.uk/shop/

Could The export character button in the player list be slightly moved to the left, its at the same location as the adventure card quick button.

Quote Originally Posted by milspec
    I have an issue with image sizing. The extension allows me to re-size image boxes, which is great. However, they open in a different size or aspect ratio than the original file, often larger than the original image. This means I have to re-size the window smaller, scroll zoom in to shrink the image, then re-size the window again to fix the aspect ratio.
    I am following up to say "Re-size to original" has fixed the issue with my image sizes, thanks very much.

SWFI v0.68!!

Here it's finally, SWFI v0.68. This update brings only one new feature, but it's the biggest and bad-asses improvement so far on my honest opinion.

• Library :: Library Module builder: Host has option to create exportable module/library book from scratch using FGII application. To create your own book go to library window and click click on left column and select "Create Book". After book is created host can give a name and category for it and create any number of pages into it. To create a page, select your book and right click on right side of the window and select "Create Page". Currently following page types are supported: List of... edges, hindrances, skills, powers, texts; Different text entry types such as normal, narrow, short, mini, wide and textlists; Any type of Gears. Host has also option to copy-paste any existing library entries from other library modules into custom created by dragging-and-dropping them. For example, host may create own book with skill list and drag-and-drop any skill from SWD Player's guide module into the custom created book. Copy-paste is supported for following types: Skills, Edges, Hindrances, Powers, Weapons, Armors, Vehicles. Entries can only be copy-pasted to its own typed lists, for example skills can be copy pasted to own skills lists, edges to edgelist, Armors to armor list etc. Another important feature in Module Builder is that exported version is compatible in core Savage Worlds ruleset without need to use this extension!

Almost any type of Savage Worlds library entry can be created using this builder (skills, edges, hindrances, powers, any type of gear etc). You can create these entries as custom entries to existing libraries, or you can create your very own rulebook module and create your entries there. And like I have mentioned before, exported own rulebook modules _are_ compatible with core SW ruleset without need to use this extension.

Please checkout the new version of SW-lorem-ipsum module, it's zip-file so you need to extract it's content into FGII Application Data's modules folder to use it. This new module version is created using the module builder tool and it works out-of-the-box in Savage Worlds ruleset without using SWFI extension.

Next, I will give some love to inventory...

This is awesome work. Has been a great assett for our savage worlds Saturday club! Keep up the great work
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    Age of Rebellion & Edge of Empire
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Purchase GMD CORE RPG Here:
    https://www.gmdonline.co.uk/shop/

Thread Information