DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 22 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikael
    Could you send me the extension you made? I would recommend adding the small flavor script also mentioned. I would love to take a look on how this solutions acts in "different" ruleset/solution and probably find some differences/things that I haven't found yet. In the SW set the solutions seems to work very well.
    It's pretty much a direct port of Dr Zeuss's 4E extension. The 3.5E version is available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=15647
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

.66 beta downloaded will get my crew testing this
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    Age of Rebellion & Edge of Empire
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Purchase GMD CORE RPG Here:
    https://www.gmdonline.co.uk/shop/

New beta version of SWFI v0.66 extension is now here. This version contains small rollback with enhanced images features because there is one major issues which blocks the whole image sharing with clients. I have also 90% finnished Custom Entry feature where you can create and edit custom library entries for skills, edges, hindrances, gear, powers, you name it. There is also new feature for GM to make any entry unavailable for player. This can be done by right clicking on any entry and selecting "Toggle item availability". When item/entry is marked as unavailable it will have either graytext or strikethrough line to note GM that it's not available anymore. In addition players cannot see unavailable entries until GM makes them available again. This is handly to make lightsaber weapon unavailable in mid-fantasy setting

One another proof of concept I have had in my mind is SW Module Builder. The first draft version is implemented into this extension. Module Builder allows GM to create his own modules from the scratch using FG application. In library selection there is new implicite book: "Custom module" where GM can add any number of text and/or list entries. To create your own module content, select the "Custom module" book and right click on the right column, you should have new menu option: "Create new". As a submenu there "Create text entry..." and "Create list entry...", with text entry you can create very simple textwindow that contains text. With list entry you can select to create either skill list, edge list, hindrance list or generic textlist. You have full control of setting up their content thereafter.

...and if you might be asking, yes you can export that custom module you just created and use its content in any other SW game.

This extension is still under heavy development so don't expect everything to work out of the box.

EDIT: attached extension removed because it graduated to stabile version
    Last edited by Ikael; January 15th, 2013 at 22:26.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

SWFI v0.66 just graduated! The stabile version can be downloaded from here. This new version focused again on Library features and here is the list of updates:

• Library :: Create new gear to libary: Host can now dynamically add new gear to existing modules. This feature works the same way as above.
    • Library :: Create new powers to libary: Host can now dynamically add new powers to existing modules. This feature works the same way as above.
    • Library :: Unavailable entries: Host has option to mark any library entry or
      category as "unavailable for players". Entries which are unavailable are not displayed for players anymore and host will see a thrikethrough line over the entry. To do this, right clikc on entry and select "Toggle item availability".
    • Library :: Module builder: Host has now option to create exportable module/library book using FGII application. To create your own book go to library window and click click on left column and select "Create Book". After book is created host can give a name and category for it and create any number of pages into it. To create a page, select your book and right click on right side of the window and select "Create Page". Following page types are currently supported but many others will appear in the future: "Text entry", "Skill list", "Edges list", "Hindrances list", "Text entrylist".
    • Images & Maps :: Aspect ration: Image's aspect ration went bad if image is smaller than 500 x 500 pixels. This is now fixed and image display with correct aspect ration. In addition new menu options were added to images: "Re-size to original" and "Re-size to 500x500".
    • Bug fix :: When module was opened two entries could appear in library window. Now the duplicate entry is hidden automatically.

So basically now you can create custom library entries for almost anything that you would use in your game. And the "mark as unavailable" is also useful in games where you use core rulebook but don't want players to think getting lightsabers or arcana edges etc. But what I am more excited about is the module builder. It really speeds up custom rulemodule creation and exported version is very close by (in sense of structure) to work as real FG rule/setting modules, so I could create new setting using this tool, export it and with small work make is regular module. No more need to play with XML and XML, and XML, just copypaste and wysiwyg editoring in FG

In addition the Enhanced Images aspect ration problem seemd to get resolved with small code which would force image to become its original size whenever host open the image.

And on bug fixes, at last there won't be duplicate module books displayed in library, this was super small issues, but involved small fix also

EDIT: SWFI link update, because last version had few old files in it. Now it contains all updated files
    Last edited by Ikael; January 17th, 2013 at 16:38.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

I hope my head can give me small break after this one: SWFI v0.67. Main reason why so quick new version release is because of few important features and improvements was forgotten from v0.66. In addition I updated modulebuilder slightly, read the update list:

• Library :: Gear and Power groups: Host can now create own gear and power groups. To create a group, right click on list and select "create group" option. Host can thereafter rename the group and use it as any other existing group. Note that after you have included an item into your custom group, you cannot rename that group thereafter so make sure that you rename your curom group before adding items there!
    • Library :: Improved sorting: Gear and power list sorting was improved so that unavailable items are always on the bottom of the list. This will clean up the available list a lot!
    • Library :: Module builder: Exporting own created books are now compatible in SW ruleset without using SWFI extension! How cool is that? -- If you don't use this extension for you game because its not compatible with other commerical products you can still use this extension to create and build your own rule/setting modules for any games! Just open new campaign using this extension, create your book, export it and you can use that exported module in your main game without using this extension.

EDIT: added sample exported module to attachments. This module was created and build using the module builder and it's usable in SW ruleset without using SWFI extension.

EDIT: Attachment removed
    Last edited by Ikael; January 29th, 2013 at 21:05.

Outstanding work

You have done really outstanding work. Your extension keeps getting better and better. the ability to create all the things one can need in the library inside fg without having to use notepad++ and getting lost among loads of reference id-s should be part of fg basic functionality.
    Sadly I seem to have problems again (the thing with images seems to have resolved itself). After creating a custom power group and adding some powers everything works as expected. But after exiting and restarting fg the powers that are in custom groups disappeared. I looked into the db.xml, and all the custom powers are there seem to correctly reference the group they should be in. I don't see why the powers are not visible anymore.
    I cleared the whole customreference section in the db and started with a single power in a single custom group. As long as I don't shutdown fg everything works, but as soon as i reloaded the campaign the power disappears. In the same way as before its there in the xml file and I have no idea why it should be invisible.
    Maybe its something on my end, because I seem prone to all kinds of weird glitches...
    I dont know if it matters but I also use the Adventure cards extension.

Quote Originally Posted by meathome
    You have done really outstanding work. Your extension keeps getting better and better. the ability to create all the things one can need in the library inside fg without having to use notepad++ and getting lost among loads of reference id-s should be part of fg basic functionality.
    Thanks and I totally agree with you, this kinda functionality should be basic functionality of rulesets.

Quote Originally Posted by meathome
    Sadly I seem to have problems again (the thing with images seems to have resolved itself). After creating a custom power group and adding some powers everything works as expected. But after exiting and restarting fg the powers that are in custom groups disappeared. I looked into the db.xml, and all the custom powers are there seem to correctly reference the group they should be in. I don't see why the powers are not visible anymore.
    I cleared the whole customreference section in the db and started with a single power in a single custom group. As long as I don't shutdown fg everything works, but as soon as i reloaded the campaign the power disappears. In the same way as before its there in the xml file and I have no idea why it should be invisible.
    Maybe its something on my end, because I seem prone to all kinds of weird glitches...
    I dont know if it matters but I also use the Adventure cards extension.
    You have done nothing wrong there, instead you just found a bug that I totally missed! The issues was the I had set the node as static so after your FG reboot your value was reverted back into original and thus it was not displayed in the lsit anymore. Now it's fixed, just re-download the extension from the first post or directly from here. Thanks for pointing out this issue! I really approciate all these bug reports since I have only two eyes

We have had a strange script error get thrown up when people use the afk option.
    This started with .66 have not been able to get on and report it earlier. Got another game tonight, and am going to install .67 and see if it still happens.

The error has happened in both my Supers and Fantasy game so far.
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    Age of Rebellion & Edge of Empire
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Purchase GMD CORE RPG Here:
    https://www.gmdonline.co.uk/shop/

Quote Originally Posted by Draeus
    We have had a strange script error get thrown up when people use the afk option.
    This started with .66 have not been able to get on and report it earlier. Got another game tonight, and am going to install .67 and see if it still happens.

The error has happened in both my Supers and Fantasy game so far.
    Ok, I have encountered this issue as well during my gaming, but since it's not significant error, nor will it appear many times in gaming session I have forgotten about this. Thanks for bringing this back on table, I will take a look on this

How can I modify the order my custom groups are displayed in? It seems kin of random atm. Its not related to the groups id in the db nor tho the name. What does determine the order? I'd have no problem editing the db manually, I just don't know how to force a certain display order.

Also it would be nice to have the option to create power lists and gear lists in a custom book and to be able to somehow copy entries from one place to the other (like from the normal book to the custom book, or from category to category) But this can be done by copy pasting xml for now.
    Last edited by meathome; January 21st, 2013 at 11:18.

Thread Information